Default Spending those Taxpayer Dollars

From Anchorage Daily News -

State funded Palin kids’ travel
$21,012: Reports later changed to say hotels, 76 airfares for her girls
were official business.

By BRETT BLACKLEDGE, ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZO
The Associated Press

(10/22/08 04:15:02)

Gov. Sarah Palin charged the state for her children to travel with her,
including to events where they were not invited, and later amended
expense reports to specify that they were on official business.

The charges included costs for hotel and commercial flights for three
daughters to join Palin to watch their father in a snowmobile race, and
a trip to New York, where the governor attended a five-hour conference
and stayed with 17-year-old Bristol for five days and four nights in a
luxury hotel.

In all, Palin has charged the state $21,012 for her three daughters’ 64
one-way and 12 round-trip commercial flights since she took office in
December 2006. In some other cases, she has charged the state for hotel
rooms for the girls.

Alaska law does not specifically address expenses for a governor’s
children. The law allows for payment of expenses for anyone conducting
official state business.

As governor, Palin justified having the state pay for the travel of her
daughters — Bristol, 17; Willow, 14; and Piper, 7 — by noting on travel
forms that the girls had been invited to attend or participate in events
on the governor’s schedule.

But some organizers of these events said they were surprised when the
Palin children showed up uninvited, or said they agreed to a request by
the governor to allow the children to attend.

Several other organizers said the children merely accompanied their
mother and did not participate. The trips enabled Palin, whose main
state office is in the capital of Juneau, to spend more time with her
children.

"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

State funded Palin kids’ travel

You're slipping.

You already advised us of this.

We didn't care.

Eisboch

Boater wrote:
From Anchorage Daily News -

State funded Palin kids’ travel
$21,012: Reports later changed to say hotels, 76 airfares for her girls
were official business.

By BRETT BLACKLEDGE, ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZO
The Associated Press

(10/22/08 04:15:02)

Gov. Sarah Palin charged the state for her children to travel with her,
including to events where they were not invited, and later amended
expense reports to specify that they were on official business.

I wouldn't complain if Joe Biden drove his kids around Delaware. You can
drive the perimeter of the state in one day during daylight hours.
Jim Jim is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

State funded Palin kids’ travel

You're slipping.

You already advised us of this.

We didn't care.

Eisboch

Harry knows that Governor Palin is WAY more qualified to be Vice
President than Junior Senator Obama is to be president. Harry won't
acknowledge this because he is is committed to the Democratic party, no
matter what. He should be committed.

--
A Harry Krause truism:

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Narcissistic Hypocrite]

jim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

State funded Palin kids’ travel

You're slipping.

You already advised us of this.

We didn't care.

Eisboch

Harry knows that Governor Palin is WAY more qualified to be Vice
President than Junior Senator Obama is to be president. Harry won't
acknowledge this because he is is committed to the Democratic party, no
matter what. He should be committed.

Sarah Palin isn't qualified to be an assistant dog catcher.

"Boater" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

State funded Palin kids’ travel

You're slipping.

You already advised us of this.

We didn't care.

Eisboch

Harry knows that Governor Palin is WAY more qualified to be Vice
President than Junior Senator Obama is to be president. Harry won't
acknowledge this because he is is committed to the Democratic party, no
matter what. He should be committed.

Sarah Palin isn't qualified to be an assistant dog catcher.

Neither is Obama or Biden. What is sad is all the young people going for
the Obama charisma. When they should be voting for someone who is going to
cut government spending and that includes Social Security. They are
supporting a policy forecasting a huge increase in spending and Federal
Government. Our generation will go down as one of the worst at leaving a
world much worse for our passing. These 35 and less kids have not been told
how much they are going to owe for our sins. Those $80k salaries for a
union flunky as well as the other inflated white color salaries and the
inflation they have caused is going to hurt our kids big time! And no
school is even mentioning it from what I can see. Both the major parties
candidates are worthless. Actually less than worthless. The only candidate
with a genuine message for "change" Is Barr and the Libertarians. He has
not got a snowballs chance in hell of winning, but it is the message the
Republicans should be pushing if they want to win.

Calif Bill wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

[...]

So, you've given up your crazy Democrat Zell for Loonitarianism?

"Boater" wrote in message
Calif Bill wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

[...]

He would be better for the country than your present loony.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
m...

"Boater" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

From Anchorage Daily News -

[...]

Not just the young... it's the wimmin' too.
They'll be swooning all over him after he gets elected.

Obama's spending redbard ASA 6 September 9th 08 11:09 PM
Spending that Economy Booster hk General 137 January 28th 08 03:35 PM
Clinton endorsements via US Taxpayer Red Bluefish General 47 January 26th 08 03:55 AM
West Marine Spending Spree Capt. Rob ASA 29 January 13th 06 03:28 PM