Senior Member

Default Joe the plumber

On Oct 18, 9:36*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Seriously, I cannot tell the difference between Palin and Tina Fey. I'm
sure the SNL crowd will be kind to Palin...they usually are to guests.

Fey does an incredible job. * CNN has a clip showing them both speaking in
split screen. *The first time I saw it, I had a hard time determining who
the "real" Palin was.

Palin is a ditz. If American voters take her seriously, they ought to be
disenfranchised.

You just identified your weakness. * *Airhead or not, many, many American
voters like her and find her personality and politics refreshing. *Question
is, "How many?"

Eisboch

His weak point is that like most elitists, they feel that half the
country should not even have a say. If they win, we will not..

"Boater" wrote in message

Seriously, I cannot tell the difference between Palin and Tina Fey. I'm
sure the SNL crowd will be kind to Palin...they usually are to guests.

Fey does an incredible job. CNN has a clip showing them both speaking in
split screen. The first time I saw it, I had a hard time determining who
the "real" Palin was.

Palin is a ditz. If American voters take her seriously, they ought to be
disenfranchised.

You just identified your weakness. Airhead or not, many, many American
voters like her and find her personality and politics refreshing. Question
is, "How many?"

Eisboch

His weak point is that like most elitists, they feel that half the
country should not even have a say. If they win, we will not..

It's not a matter of elitism, it's a matter of insisting upon competency.

Whatever her virtues, and I don't see that she has any, Sarah Palin is
not competent to be vice president of the United States. She doesn't
have the intelligence or the knowledge.

Now, as much as I despise Dick Cheney, and I do, I don't doubt his
intelligence or knowledge. He's very smart. He is competent to be
president, although he would be a disaster as president.

I want our top leaders to be at least as smart as I am and hopefully a
lot smarter. I don't want them to be down at your level of intelligence.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:29:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Even the empty headed Palin is still causing Obama supporters heartburn.
Why? Because the majority of the public can relate to her.

Not to enter the fray here, but here's an interesting side bar.

One of Mrs. Wave's friends, much like Mrs. Wave by the way, is a
registered Democrat and WAS an ardent Obama supporter.

Know what turned her from supporting Obama to McCain?

Palin and Trig.

Why?

Because she has a DS child, Jack, who is a great kid and all the
nonsense surrounding the lefties "attacks" and commentary about
aborting "useless" children.

I sense there are more out there like her than not.

The average American isn't as stupid as the MSM and elite commentators
think they are. They see the obvious biases, they can't relate to
intellectual nuances and constant "on the other hand" arguments and
they get ****ed when their own representatives like Murtha call them
racists. This whole Joe the Plumber backfired on Obama in particular
when Bloomberg news illustrated that two of Obama's advisors companies
owe a hell of a lot more in back taxes than $1,200.

And that is America's saving grace.

PS: Mrs. Wave has come around to my way of thinking - thirty years of
marriage and we have NEVER agreed on political issues or candidates.
And when I mean never, I mean never - ever - as in no way Jose.

She's votin' McCain.

WHOO HOO!!!

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:36:24 -0400, Boater
wrote:

The majority of the public thinks she is an empty-headed
opportunist

Um...no?

When she appears, she draws more crowds than Biden and has since she
was selected.

That doens't seem to me to indicate they think of her as an "airhead".

And besides, who thinks that the left wing represents the majority of
the public?

Only you. :)

Tom Francis - SWSports wrote:

Hey! Answer your email, or I'll take away your percocets.

wrote:

The majority of the public thinks she is an empty-headed
opportunist

Um...no?

When she appears, she draws more crowds than Biden and has since she
was selected.

That doens't seem to me to indicate they think of her as an "airhead".

And besides, who thinks that the left wing represents the majority of
the public?

Only you. :)

Biden wasn't selected to "draw crowds."

Palin attracts "the base," and very little more. The fact that 10,000 or
15,000 of "the base" show up to watch Palin slam the Democrats doesn't
mean she is attracting more than "the base." Her negatives are higher
than her positives.

The question is does she have the chops to take over as POTUS is McCain
drops dead. The answer is...no.

MMC MMC is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Boater" wrote in message

As far as I have seen, Palin appeals only to the basest of the base, and
if McCain loses, her selection will be listed as one of the significant
reasons. The majority of the public thinks she is an empty-headed
opportunist.

It may be the way you see it, but be prepared for a possible (but remote)
surprise.
Politically, you do not represent the average "Joe SixPack" citizen.

Unless Obama stumbles it appears he's on his way, but....

McCain's current strong suit is the popularity of airhead Palin and now
Joe the Plumber. He's also getting some points for his "speech" at the
traditional Al Smith Memorial Dinner and his recent, delayed appearance on
Letterman's show where he completely disarmed Letterman by simply saying,
"I screwed up". People relate and appreciate this type of personality
and the media is helping, unknowingly.

The backlash created by the attention and criticism the Dems are giving to
both Palin and the Plumber may bite them in the rear.

BTW ... in case you missed it .... Palin will appear on SNL tonight.
Watch the polls swing slightly towards McCain again.

Eisboch

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11472733@N08/2166775145/
"I know what I'll do, GWB was surrounded by smart people which made him look
even dumber than he was- I'll surround myself with idiots!" "bwahahahaha!"

WaIIy wrote:
On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 08:29:07 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

His boss is not a licensed plumber

So what?

Not one of the officers of Local 50 of the union shop of plumbers is on
the list of licensees.

Are they practicing plumbing at the moment?

Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
It appears that the vicious attacks on Joe the Plumber by the Dems
(particularly by Joe "The Senator" Biden) is beginning to backfire.

It matters not if he is licensed or not, owes back taxes or not or is
a single parent. People can understand that and the majority of the
public can relate much easier to Joe the Plumber than they can to his
critics and media propaganda.

Gee, the Dems may even lose some close swing states by annoying too
many people.

Obama should install a remotely controlled muzzle on Biden.

Eisboch

What evidence are you offering that shows what you claim?

Joe is not the guy's real first name.

Irrelevant.

He's not a licensed plumber.

According to the law the doesn't need to have a license. His employer is
supposed to have a license.

His boss is not a licensed plumber.

Then go after the boss and not the employee who did nothing wrong.

Therefore, the business is running illegally.

Then go after the business owner and not the employees.

Further, the business *grossed* about $100,000 a year and "Joe" earned
about $40,000 a year. He would have benefited from Obama's tax play.

Joe the Plumber is thinking about 10 and 20 years out, not about
immediate satisfaction or gratification. The country could use a couple
of million Joe the Plumbers.

The truth shall set you free.

Please keep that in mind when talking about your own accomplishments.

The problem here is that the McCain campaign did not bother to vet...the
same problem it has with Ms. Palin.

The guy talked to Obama when Obama was walking down the street. It was
an Obama event. You and Hillary need to get a room so that you can talk
about the VRWC.

BAR wrote:
Boater wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
[...]

If you are going to tout someone 15 or so times as McCain did, you ought
to make sure of his bona fides.

It is the responsibility of the individual to assure he is working
according to the laws. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in this
instance. I'll bet both Sam and his boss knew the licensing requirements.

I appreciate your lack of appreciation for those pieces of paper that
say you have accomplished something.