Default Joe the plumber

It appears that the vicious attacks on Joe the Plumber by the Dems
(particularly by Joe "The Senator" Biden) is beginning to backfire.

It matters not if he is licensed or not, owes back taxes or not or is a
single parent. People can understand that and the majority of the public
can relate much easier to Joe the Plumber than they can to his critics and
media propaganda.

Gee, the Dems may even lose some close swing states by annoying too many
people.

Obama should install a remotely controlled muzzle on Biden.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
It appears that the vicious attacks on Joe the Plumber by the Dems
(particularly by Joe "The Senator" Biden) is beginning to backfire.

It matters not if he is licensed or not, owes back taxes or not or is a
single parent. People can understand that and the majority of the public
can relate much easier to Joe the Plumber than they can to his critics and
media propaganda.

Gee, the Dems may even lose some close swing states by annoying too many
people.

Obama should install a remotely controlled muzzle on Biden.

Eisboch

What evidence are you offering that shows what you claim?

Joe is not the guy's real first name.
He's not a licensed plumber.
His boss is not a licensed plumber
Therefore, the business is running illegally.

Further, the business *grossed* about $100,000 a year and "Joe" earned
about $40,000 a year. He would have benefited from Obama's tax play.

The truth shall set you free.

The problem here is that the McCain campaign did not bother to vet...the
same problem it has with Ms. Palin.

Senior Member

On Oct 18, 8:00*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
It appears that the vicious attacks on Joe the Plumber by the Dems
(particularly by Joe "The Senator" Biden) *is beginning to backfire.

It matters not if he is licensed or not, owes back taxes or not or is a
single parent. *People can understand that and the majority of the public
can relate much easier to Joe the Plumber than they can to his critics and
media propaganda.

Gee, *the Dems may even *lose some close swing states by annoying too many
people.

Obama should install a remotely controlled muzzle on Biden.

Eisboch

The only muzzle he plans on putting on it the oppositition.. The
fairness doctrine, the removal of any id necessary to vote, the
elimination of the secret ballot... If Obama wins, it will be illegal
to be a conservative..

"Boater" wrote in message

What evidence are you offering that shows what you claim?

Joe is not the guy's real first name.

So what?

He's not a licensed plumber.

So what?

His boss is not a licensed plumber

So what?

Therefore, the business is running illegally.

And should pay the consequences.

Further, the business *grossed* about $100,000 a year and "Joe" earned
about $40,000 a year. He would have benefited from Obama's tax play.

The truth shall set you free.

The "truth" is that from a political point of view, Joe SixPack
understands and can relate to Joe the Plumber in a much more intimate way
than the politicians who are trying to use him as an example for their
political agenda. Furthermore, their reaction is often to get ****ed off at
the big, bad political blowhards picking on the average citizen.

If McCain's camp was behind this, it was a move of pure brilliance. He
seems to understand Joe Average Citizen much better than the Obama camp.
Kinda significant, if you think about it. It's why Kerry and Gore both
failed.

Even the empty headed Palin is still causing Obama supporters heartburn.
Why? Because the majority of the public can relate to her.

It's politics played well. Cerebral criticism against Joe the Plumber or
Sarah Palin only serves to annoy and helps McCain.

It's fascinating to watch.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

As far as I have seen, Palin appeals only to the basest of the base, and
if McCain loses, her selection will be listed as one of the significant
reasons. The majority of the public thinks she is an empty-headed
opportunist.

"Boater" wrote in message

As far as I have seen, Palin appeals only to the basest of the base, and
if McCain loses, her selection will be listed as one of the significant
reasons. The majority of the public thinks she is an empty-headed
opportunist.

It may be the way you see it, but be prepared for a possible (but remote)
surprise.
Politically, you do not represent the average "Joe SixPack" citizen.

Unless Obama stumbles it appears he's on his way, but....

McCain's current strong suit is the popularity of airhead Palin and now Joe
the Plumber. He's also getting some points for his "speech" at the
traditional Al Smith Memorial Dinner and his recent, delayed appearance on
Letterman's show where he completely disarmed Letterman by simply saying, "I
screwed up". People relate and appreciate this type of personality and
the media is helping, unknowingly.

The backlash created by the attention and criticism the Dems are giving to
both Palin and the Plumber may bite them in the rear.

BTW ... in case you missed it .... Palin will appear on SNL tonight.
Watch the polls swing slightly towards McCain again.

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

[...]

Seriously, I cannot tell the difference between Palin and Tina Fey. I'm
sure the SNL crowd will be kind to Palin...they usually are to guests.

I can't wait for the "Live from New York" shout out from Sarah...

"Live from...(where am I?)...?"

"It's...(what day is this?)...?"

Palin is a ditz. If American voters take her seriously, they ought to be
disenfranchised.

"Boater" wrote in message

Seriously, I cannot tell the difference between Palin and Tina Fey. I'm
sure the SNL crowd will be kind to Palin...they usually are to guests.

Fey does an incredible job. CNN has a clip showing them both speaking in
split screen. The first time I saw it, I had a hard time determining who
the "real" Palin was.

Palin is a ditz. If American voters take her seriously, they ought to be
disenfranchised.

You just identified your weakness. Airhead or not, many, many American
voters like her and find her personality and politics refreshing. Question
is, "How many?"

Eisboch

Eisboch wrote:
"Boater" wrote in message

Seriously, I cannot tell the difference between Palin and Tina Fey. I'm
sure the SNL crowd will be kind to Palin...they usually are to guests.

Fey does an incredible job. CNN has a clip showing them both speaking in
split screen. The first time I saw it, I had a hard time determining who
the "real" Palin was.

Palin is a ditz. If American voters take her seriously, they ought to be
disenfranchised.

You just identified your weakness. Airhead or not, many, many American
voters like her and find her personality and politics refreshing. Question
is, "How many?"

Eisboch

I suppose it is a weakness. I like national political leaders to be
smart and knowledgeable . Brilliance is not necessary, perhaps not even
desired, but smart and knowledgeable are. Palin is neither. The fact
that many Americans like her is fine, but that they "like her" for the
vice presidency is *not* fine.

Moving away from Palin for the moment, the "rumor" is that Colin Powell
will endorse Obama tomorrow on "Meet the Press." I'd be surprised if he
endorses anyone but, even if he does, I wonder if his endorsement
carries any water anywhere. It seems to me that political endorsements,
like newspaper endorsements, don't mean much, if they ever did.

"Boater" wrote in message

Moving away from Palin for the moment, the "rumor" is that Colin Powell
will endorse Obama tomorrow on "Meet the Press." I'd be surprised if he
endorses anyone but, even if he does, I wonder if his endorsement carries
any water anywhere. It seems to me that political endorsements, like
newspaper endorsements, don't mean much, if they ever did.

I'll be surprised if he endorses Obama, but anything is possible.

If he does, I think it will be based more on his feeling of being dissed,
abandoned or frustrated by Bush and Co.
That's unfortunate because it's emotional rather than professional.
Powell's politics and views have always been much more in line with the
conservatives than the liberals.

Eisboch