Default Getting her to like the Tolman

Last night after an hour of the debate, my wife and I got bored so
started talking about boating. I started talking about maybe selling
the sailboat because I find that the sailboat simply cannot go where I
want to go. The Tolman, even if gas was $5.00/gal would be worthwhile
because time is even more precious and she can either take us there
directly or can be trailered.
My wife stated once again she does not like the Tolman because all she
can do is sit there. She really is poor at running the boat whereas
my 21 yr old daughter is great at it. My wife thinks she sails but in
reality is really poor at it. I'll go below to get some water and
food and hear the sails flapping and poke my head back up and see us
heading off in some weird direction.
So, considering that my wife will always be poor at boat handling, how
can I get her to like the Tolman?

Default For O'Hara...your Alaskan buddies

You asked...

The Palins' un-American activities
Imagine if the Obamas had hooked up with a violently anti-American group
in league with the government of Iran.

By David Talbot

Oct. 07, 2008 | "My government is my worst enemy. I'm going to fight
them with any means at hand."

This was former revolutionary terrorist Bill Ayers back in his old
Weather Underground days, right? Imagine what Sarah Palin is going to do
with this incendiary quote as she tears into Barack Obama this week.

Only one problem. The quote is from Joe Vogler, the raging anti-American
who founded the Alaska Independence Party. Inconveniently for Palin,
that's the very same secessionist party that her husband, Todd, belonged
to for seven years and that she sent a shout-out to as Alaska governor
earlier this year. ("Keep up the good work," Palin told AIP members.
"And God bless you.")

AIP chairwoman Lynette Clark told me recently that Sarah Palin is her
kind of gal. "She's Alaskan to the bone ... she sounds just like Joe
Vogler."

So who are these America-haters that the Palins are pallin' around with?

Before his strange murder in 1993, party founder Vogler preached armed
insurrection against the United States of America. Vogler, who always
carried a Magnum with him, was fond of saying, "When the [federal]
bureaucrats come after me, I suggest they wear red coats. They make
better targets. In the federal government are the biggest liars in the
United States, and I hate them with a passion. They think they own
[Alaska]. There comes a time when people will choose to die with honor
rather than live with dishonor. That time may be coming here. Our goal
is ultimate independence by peaceful means under a minimal government
fully responsive to the people. I hope we don't have to take human life,
but if they go on tramping on our property rights, look out, we're ready
to die."

This quote is from "Coming Into the Country," by John McPhee, who
traipsed around Alaska's remote gold mining country with Vogler for his
1991 book. The violent-tempered secessionist vowed to McPhee that if any
federal official tried to stop him from polluting Alaska's rivers with
his earth-moving equipment, he would "run over him with a Cat and turn
mosquitoes loose on him while he dies."

Vogler wasn't just a blowhard either. He put his secessionist ideas into
action, working to build AIP membership to 20,000 -- an impressive
figure by Alaska standards -- and to elect party member Walter Hickel as
governor in 1990.

Vogler's greatest moment of glory was to be his 1993 appearance before
the United Nations to denounce United States "tyranny" before the entire
world and to demand Alaska's freedom. The Alaska secessionist had
persuaded the government of Iran to sponsor his anti-American harangue.

That's right ... Iran. The Islamic dictatorship. The taker of American
hostages. The rogue nation that McCain and Palin have excoriated Obama
for suggesting we diplomatically engage. That Iran.

AIP leaders allege that Vogler, who was murdered that year by a fellow
secessionist, was taken out by powerful forces in the U.S. before he
could reach his U.N. platform. "The United States government would have
been deeply embarrassed," by Vogler's U.N. speech, darkly suggests
Clark. "And we can't have that, can we?"

The Republican ticket is working hard this week to make Barack Obama's
tenuous connection to graying, '60s revolutionary Bill Ayers a major
campaign issue. But the Palins' connection to anti-American extremism is
much more central to their political biographies.

Imagine the uproar if Michelle Obama was revealed to have joined a black
nationalist party whose founder preached armed secession from the United
States and who enlisted the government of Iran in his cause? The Obama
campaign would probably not have survived such an explosive revelation.
Particularly if Barack Obama himself was videotaped giving the
anti-American secessionists his wholehearted support just months ago.

Where's the outrage, Sarah Palin has been asking this week, in her
attacks on Obama's fuzzy ties to Ayers? The question is more appropriate
when applied to her own disturbing associations.

- - -

Enjoy!

On Oct 8, 11:50*am, Boater wrote:
[...]

And Harry ruins yet another on topic post in record time. WAFA

"Boater" wrote in message
You asked...
Enjoy!

SNIP

Time to put REV. Wright back on stage.

Robert Jones wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
You asked...
Enjoy!

SNIP

Time to put REV. Wright back on stage.

No one cares about Wright except the red-meat Republicans, and there
aren't enough of them to win this election.

"Boater" wrote in message
. ..
Robert Jones wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
You asked...
Enjoy!

SNIP

Time to put REV. Wright back on stage.

No one cares about Wright except the red-meat Republicans, and there
aren't enough of them to win this election.

I expect you will be proven wrong very soon, donkey breath.

Robert Jones wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
. ..
Robert Jones wrote:

"Boater" wrote in message
You asked...
Enjoy!
SNIP

Time to put REV. Wright back on stage.

No one cares about Wright except the red-meat Republicans, and there
aren't enough of them to win this election.

I expect you will be proven wrong very soon, donkey breath.

Who was that tired old man walking around on the stage last night when
President Obama was speaking? Was that old guy looking for the men's room?

wrote in message
Last night after an hour of the debate, my wife and I got bored so
started talking about boating. I started talking about maybe selling
the sailboat because I find that the sailboat simply cannot go where I
want to go. The Tolman, even if gas was $5.00/gal would be worthwhile
because time is even more precious and she can either take us there
directly or can be trailered.
My wife stated once again she does not like the Tolman because all she
can do is sit there. She really is poor at running the boat whereas
my 21 yr old daughter is great at it. My wife thinks she sails but in
reality is really poor at it. I'll go below to get some water and
food and hear the sails flapping and poke my head back up and see us
heading off in some weird direction.
So, considering that my wife will always be poor at boat handling, how
can I get her to like the Tolman?

Maybe it's the style of boat.
Take her to a half decent boat show and let her get a good look at all the
different types. Something will appeal to her.