Default Bow cover for the Tolman

I wanted some sort of tent type cover for sleeping under on my 20'
Tolman. I want to eventually connect it to the bimini via clear
vinyl. I bought some 1/4" fiberglass poles from Mcmaster-Carr and
drilled holes on either gunnel they would slide into and bent them to
form an arch. Then, I took some white polytarp and sewed some sleeves
to accept those poles. It works pretty dang good. I need to sew the
clear vinyl next and put on snaps to make it fasten tot eh bimini. If
all this works, i will eventually order Sunbrella to make a permanent
version.

On Aug 30, 5:28 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
I wanted some sort of tent type cover for sleeping under on my 20'
Tolman. I want to eventually connect it to the bimini via clear
vinyl. I bought some 1/4" fiberglass poles from Mcmaster-Carr and
drilled holes on either gunnel they would slide into and bent them to
form an arch. Then, I took some white polytarp and sewed some sleeves
to accept those poles. It works pretty dang good. I need to sew the
clear vinyl next and put on snaps to make it fasten tot eh bimini. If
all this works, i will eventually order Sunbrella to make a permanent
version.

Why would you *want* to sleep on that boat, anyway?

For the same reason I sleep in a backpacking tent on camping trips.

On Aug 30, 6:35 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 30, 5:28 pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
I wanted some sort of tent type cover for sleeping under on my 20'
Tolman. I want to eventually connect it to the bimini via clear
vinyl. I bought some 1/4" fiberglass poles from Mcmaster-Carr and
drilled holes on either gunnel they would slide into and bent them to
form an arch. Then, I took some white polytarp and sewed some sleeves
to accept those poles. It works pretty dang good. I need to sew the
clear vinyl next and put on snaps to make it fasten tot eh bimini. If
all this works, i will eventually order Sunbrella to make a permanent
version.
Why would you *want* to sleep on that boat, anyway?

For the same reason I sleep in a backpacking tent on camping trips.

You like to feed the mosquitoes?

It will have snap on screens just like my sailboat.

On Aug 30, 5:28*pm, hk wrote:
wrote:
I wanted some sort of tent type cover for sleeping under on my 20'
Tolman. *I want to eventually connect it to the bimini via clear
vinyl. *I bought some 1/4" fiberglass poles from Mcmaster-Carr and
drilled holes on either gunnel they would slide into and bent them to
form an arch. *Then, I took some white polytarp and sewed some sleeves
to accept those poles. *It works pretty dang good. *I need to sew the
clear vinyl next and put on snaps to make it fasten tot eh bimini. *If
all this works, i will eventually order Sunbrella to make a permanent
version.

Why would you *want* to sleep on that boat, anyway?

Some people have interests other than what you do.

wrote in message
Your BJ buddie comes in with two stupid comments in a boating thread,
and you are complaining about DK telling the OP to ignore him.. Guess
we know why you are here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
wrote in message
Your BJ buddie comes in with two stupid comments in a boating thread,
and you are complaining about DK telling the OP to ignore him.. Guess
we know why you are here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y

Where's that video of Justwait's "shoving match" with the cops?