posted to rec.boats.building

Default Slow progress on the Tolman

I am finally making progress again on the Tolman skiff. For two weeks,
it came to a halt as temps here in N. FL stayed below 55 degrees in the
day and epoxy wouldnt flow, adhere or cure. Finally were getting
normal temps to mid 70s in the day so I have started up again. Got the
bottom done and will begin puttin here together.

posted to rec.boats.building
D.Reid

Keep us posted...Tolman skiff is a fine boat...but definately a "builders"
boat! I come through N.E. Florida quite often.
Good luck,
Dave
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am finally making progress again on the Tolman skiff. For two weeks,
it came to a halt as temps here in N. FL stayed below 55 degrees in the
day and epoxy wouldnt flow, adhere or cure. Finally were getting
normal temps to mid 70s in the day so I have started up again. Got the
bottom done and will begin puttin here together.

posted to rec.boats.building

I am at the point of putting on the sides but ran into a small problem.
When trying to bend the scarfed together 12' length of ply along the
bow, it actually broke. The scarf didnt break but the marine ply broke
in a very clean break next to the scarf. Tomorrow, I'll scarf in
another section of ply where the break is and glass both sides before
trying again. It s'posed to rain, otherwise I'd go sailin and think
about it.

posted to rec.boats.building
derbyrm

What brand/specification would that "marine plywood" be?

Roger

http://home.insightbb.com/~derbyrm
wrote in message
oups.com...

I am at the point of putting on the sides but ran into a small problem.
When trying to bend the scarfed together 12' length of ply along the
bow, it actually broke. The scarf didnt break but the marine ply broke
in a very clean break next to the scarf. Tomorrow, I'll scarf in
another section of ply where the break is and glass both sides before
trying again. It s'posed to rain, otherwise I'd go sailin and think
about it.

trim problem - slow responding Charlie Brown General 18 December 30th 05 09:55 PM
Slow day on the ng! J Beck ASA 1 December 14th 05 07:59 PM
Delays in building the Tolman Skiff [email protected] Boat Building 0 December 5th 05 03:34 AM
Slow boat to china Joe ASA 0 November 27th 05 02:27 AM
Tolman Skiff [email protected] Boat Building 1 November 14th 05 02:20 AM