Charlie Brown

Default trim problem - slow responding

I'm new to boating...so if this is a dumb question please forgive me.

I bought my boat 2 weeks ago. 84 McKee Craft with 115 hp Yamaha.
Boat is stored in my garage.

Before pulling it out of the garage today, I went to raise the motor.
It whined for about 5 - 10 seconds before anything actually moved.
Seemed a little stiff at first, and then moved up and down as normal.

After washing the boat all day, I went to raise it again and it was
again slow to resopnd.

I'm wondering if this is attributable to:

1) cold weather: about 50 degrees
2) sitting for a while
3) possible low battery power - I need to charge the batteries
4) some bigger problem?

Charlie Brown

Okay, I think the first thing I need is to get a service manual
because I don't even know where the reserve tank is.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:11:21 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" The
fastest and most accurate Gun in the World wrote:

Check the reserve tank and top off tank.

"Charlie Brown" wrote in message
.. .
I'm new to boating...so if this is a dumb question please forgive me.

I bought my boat 2 weeks ago. 84 McKee Craft with 115 hp Yamaha.
Boat is stored in my garage.

Before pulling it out of the garage today, I went to raise the motor.
It whined for about 5 - 10 seconds before anything actually moved.
Seemed a little stiff at first, and then moved up and down as normal.

After washing the boat all day, I went to raise it again and it was
again slow to resopnd.

I'm wondering if this is attributable to:

1) cold weather: about 50 degrees
2) sitting for a while
3) possible low battery power - I need to charge the batteries
4) some bigger problem?

JimH

"Charlie Brown" wrote in message
Okay, I think the first thing I need is to get a service manual
because I don't even know where the reserve tank is.

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 17:11:21 -0500, "Lord Reginald Smithers" The
fastest and most accurate Gun in the World wrote:

Check the reserve tank and top off tank.

"Charlie Brown" wrote in message
. ..
I'm new to boating...so if this is a dumb question please forgive me.

I bought my boat 2 weeks ago. 84 McKee Craft with 115 hp Yamaha.
Boat is stored in my garage.

Before pulling it out of the garage today, I went to raise the motor.
It whined for about 5 - 10 seconds before anything actually moved.
Seemed a little stiff at first, and then moved up and down as normal.

After washing the boat all day, I went to raise it again and it was
again slow to resopnd.

I'm wondering if this is attributable to:

1) cold weather: about 50 degrees
2) sitting for a while
3) possible low battery power - I need to charge the batteries
4) some bigger problem?

It is normally attached to the interior side of the transom inside the
engine compartment.

" JimH" wrote in message

[...]

You may also want to make sure that all electrical connections for the trim
and to the battery are free of corrosion and securely attached.

The temperature should have nothing to do with your problem.

Don White

Charlie Brown wrote:
I'm new to boating...so if this is a dumb question please forgive me.

I bought my boat 2 weeks ago. 84 McKee Craft with 115 hp Yamaha.
Boat is stored in my garage.

Before pulling it out of the garage today, I went to raise the motor.
It whined for about 5 - 10 seconds before anything actually moved.
Seemed a little stiff at first, and then moved up and down as normal.

After washing the boat all day, I went to raise it again and it was
again slow to resopnd.

I'm wondering if this is attributable to:

1) cold weather: about 50 degrees
2) sitting for a while
3) possible low battery power - I need to charge the batteries
4) some bigger problem?

The first thing I would check is the battery. I'd put the charger on it
overnight and try again tomorrow.
Lord Reginald Smithers

Don,
Ok, you can call me names and insult my mother, but whatever you do don't
correct my advice, or you I off to NS to ream you a new one. ; )

Lord Reginald Smithers wrote:
Don,
Ok, you can call me names and insult my mother, but whatever you do don't
correct my advice, *or you I off to NS* to ream you a new one. ; )

Say what.. "or you I off to NS"...
You helping The Rev sample a new shipment of church wine?
Lord Reginald Smithers

LOL,
I have no idea what that meant.

Oh about "or I am off to NS to ream you a new one".

Please pass the wine.

Jet Ski overheating problem dh@. Cruising 441 November 30th 05 06:42 PM
Slow boat to china Joe ASA 0 November 27th 05 02:27 AM
Jet Ski overheating problem dh@. General 397 November 22nd 05 08:51 PM
Jet Ski overheating problem Dr. Dr. Smithers General 13 November 5th 05 04:17 AM
Jet Ski overheating problem Dr. Dr. Smithers Cruising 11 November 5th 05 04:17 AM