Default PC Speakers

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...RL._SS500_.jpg

They definitely do a great job on 'Alabama'!

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.

I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

On Aug 24, 3:46*pm, John H. salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:
I just installed a set of Logitech *X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.
*http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...RL._SS500_.jpg

They definitely do a great job on 'Alabama'!

$43 computer speakers to listen to music on? I guess Walmart sells
them for $21.99.

No thanks.

Senior Member

On Aug 24, 9:50*pm, John H. salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 01:45:16 GMT, (Richard

Casady) wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech *X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.

I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

I listen to Pandora and XM radio through the PC. So speakers are very
helpful.

I like to kick up Pandora with a set of Altec Lansing pc speakers that
came with a long ago desktop.

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.

I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

How could you not miss them if you never had them?

Eisboch

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.

I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

A lot of the You Tube stuff requires sound to be effective.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.

I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

A lot of the You Tube stuff requires sound to be effective.

If you are ever in the market for a pair of high quality speakers for a
desktop or laptop, take a look at the Bose Companion II.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...ltimedia_index

For under $100, they sound pretty good, and they look good, too...they
look like miniature bookshelf speakers, and aren't to "plastic-y."

I've never liked Logitech speakers, although lots of people do. Here's
what PC Mag had to say about the X-240s:

"Sometimes even the best companies falter. Logitech, with its new X-240
2.1 speaker system, is a perfect example of this. Although the $50
speakers certainly deliver decent sound quality considering their modest
price, they have some seriously annoying flaws. First, the cables are
hard-wired to the subwoofer, making it difficult to keep them out of
sight. The worst offense, though, is a hum that is pretty noticeable at
moderate volumes when the speakers are connected to a PC. The end result
is a surprisingly ungraceful product from a company known for
streamlined design and excellent sound."

hk wrote:
Don White wrote:
[...]

I have always thought PC Mag was a great resource for unbiased reviews

On Aug 24, 9:56*pm, JimH wrote:
On Aug 24, 3:46*pm, John H. salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech *X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.
*http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...RL._SS500_.jpg

They definitely do a great job on 'Alabama'!

$43 computer speakers to listen to music on? *I guess Walmart sells
them for $21.99.

No thanks.

No thanks? I don't think John was trying to sell them to you. Oh, I
get it, you were just trying to be a condescending ass as usual. Oh,
and my Altec Lansing 5.1 surround sound speakers (four channels plus
woofer) sounds damned near perfect and cost me a whopping $100.

speakers derbyrm Boat Building 11 March 20th 06 11:34 PM
Marine Speakers? Jay Electronics 1 February 16th 05 10:12 AM
Marine speakers? Jay General 5 February 11th 05 05:17 AM
Thin speakers John Electronics 3 March 16th 04 01:03 AM
Speakers? Ken Hopkins General 1 July 12th 03 02:34 PM