Default PC Speakers

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 07:44:59 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,
Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P. Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. "
wrote:

hk wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost
all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great
sounding
set of PC speakers.
I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

A lot of the You Tube stuff requires sound to be effective.

If you are ever in the market for a pair of high quality speakers for a
desktop or laptop, take a look at the Bose Companion II.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...ltimedia_index

For under $100, they sound pretty good, and they look good, too...they
look like miniature bookshelf speakers, and aren't to "plastic-y."

I've never liked Logitech speakers, although lots of people do. Here's
what PC Mag had to say about the X-240s:

"Sometimes even the best companies falter. Logitech, with its new X-240
2.1 speaker system, is a perfect example of this. Although the $50
speakers certainly deliver decent sound quality considering their modest
price, they have some seriously annoying flaws. First, the cables are
hard-wired to the subwoofer, making it difficult to keep them out of
sight. The worst offense, though, is a hum that is pretty noticeable at
moderate volumes when the speakers are connected to a PC. The end result
is a surprisingly ungraceful product from a company known for
streamlined design and excellent sound."

I have always thought PC Mag was a great resource for unbiased reviews

Whoever did the review of the Logitechs either had a bad speaker or a bad
sound card. I can turn my volume up to max and there is no hum whatsoever.

I'll never have another Bose system.

wrote:

hk wrote:
Don White wrote:
[...]

I have a Logitech sound system now. It is a 5 speaker system with a
subwoofer. It has a good sound and is more good enough for my computer.

I have not listened to Bose PC speakers, but their Bose speakers and
system has always sounded tinny, muffled and flat, and are way over
priced. I think they are marketed for those who really haven't compared
the sound and are just buying the name.

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:58:51 -0400, "Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall,

wrote:

hk wrote:
Don White wrote:
[...]

Muffled is the perfect word to describe Bose speakers. Listening to Bose
with my hearing aids is like listening to any other speakers without them.
The high frequencies just get lost in the muffled noise.

speakers derbyrm Boat Building 11 March 20th 06 11:34 PM
Marine Speakers? Jay Electronics 1 February 16th 05 10:12 AM
Marine speakers? Jay General 5 February 11th 05 05:17 AM
Thin speakers John Electronics 3 March 16th 04 01:03 AM
Speakers? Ken Hopkins General 1 July 12th 03 02:34 PM