HK HK is offline

Default PC Speakers

Don White wrote:
"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:46:46 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

I just installed a set of Logitech X-240 PC speaker system. Cost all of
$43 at Best Buy. I am impressed. For the money, this is a great sounding
set of PC speakers.

I have done without speakers for the last ten years. Never missed
them.

Casady

A lot of the You Tube stuff requires sound to be effective.

If you are ever in the market for a pair of high quality speakers for a
desktop or laptop, take a look at the Bose Companion II.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...ltimedia_index

For under $100, they sound pretty good, and they look good, too...they
look like miniature bookshelf speakers, and aren't to "plastic-y."

I've never liked Logitech speakers, although lots of people do. Here's
what PC Mag had to say about the X-240s:

"Sometimes even the best companies falter. Logitech, with its new X-240
2.1 speaker system, is a perfect example of this. Although the $50
speakers certainly deliver decent sound quality considering their modest
price, they have some seriously annoying flaws. First, the cables are
hard-wired to the subwoofer, making it difficult to keep them out of
sight. The worst offense, though, is a hum that is pretty noticeable at
moderate volumes when the speakers are connected to a PC. The end result
is a surprisingly ungraceful product from a company known for
streamlined design and excellent sound."