Default Interesting analysis .... Obama/Biden

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:44:47 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

I was just thinking .... if McCain goes with Romney, it will be an
interesting match up with Obama/Biden, especially when both sides start
playing dirty.

I could be wrong, but Romney doesn't seem to fit for me. He's a Mormon,
which wouldn't make a difference to me, but to evangelicals? It's a big
part of the Republican base, a part of the base that is lukewarm on
McCain as it is.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:44:47 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
m...

"hk" wrote in message
Eisboch wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080823/...EniK2F1sn wcF

or

http://tinyurl.com/5lsqcz

Yawn.

Now, both Bill Clinton and Joe Biden will be giving speeches at the
convention.

Time for another DVR hard drive upgrade.

I was just thinking .... if McCain goes with Romney, it will be an
interesting match up with Obama/Biden, especially when both sides start
playing dirty.

Obama and Romney are more alike .... somewhat reserved and polite in their
exchanges. Both find it somewhat uncomfortable to engage in close quarter,
confrontational attacks.

It will be left to McCain versus Biden in the game of making viscous,
personal attacks. Both are evenly matched, with Biden perhaps having a
slight advantage in the capability of pure, unadulterated nastiness.

Under that scenario, McCain and Biden squaring off would only
emphasize Obama's weakness.

Which (heh - this is a good one) would mean that Biden is Obama's
Cheney. :)

Which, now that I think about it, makes a lot of sense.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 08:10:59 -0400, John H.
salmonremovebait@gmaildotcom wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:03:29 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 06:42:27 -0500, wrote:

LOL, Obama is beginning to look like all the other Dem tickets,
stumbling all over himself and letting a sure thing get away.

With all of the problems the Rep's have had in the last few years, it
looks like they will blow this one too. I NEVER would have guessed that
was possible.

Don't go wetting yourself just yet. The campaign is just starting, and a
lot can and will happen. At this time in 1988, Dukakis was up by 17
points. Funny, but I don't remember a President Dukakis.

Let's face it - President Dukakis wasn't going to happen anyway.

Obama reminds me a lot of Dukakis actually - same prevarication, same
intellectual approach to questions never giving a straight answer -
same lack of practical experience in the real world.

It's going to be a close race - maybe. I've been reading the
breakouts on the polls and Obama is running way behind in some key
demographics - even among union members which you would think is a
strong point.

Can't tell now - need to get through the conventions and get some
solid data sets.

Go ahead and call it. You did pretty well on gas prices, although another
fifty cent decline wouldn't bother me much.

I still want to see who the Dems nominate. I'm telling you - there's
going to be some fireworks at the Dem convention and it won't be
pretty.

I still think Hilary has something up her sleeve.

Which (heh - this is a good one) would mean that Biden is Obama's
Cheney. :)

Which, now that I think about it, makes a lot of sense.

Exactly. The same thought crossed my mind earlier this morning.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

wrote:

[...]

D'oh. A "demonstration" for Hillary has already been approved and
announced by Obama, so, when it happens, you can tell us you were right.

Here's an idea...write and install you know where some sort of
"pre-approval" post checker, so that if someone actually writes and
wants to put up a post, he can tell before he leaves whether the
"moderator" is going to delete it.

That might increase the post count, eh?

Oh. Good job, Brownie.

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

Which (heh - this is a good one) would mean that Biden is Obama's
Cheney. :)

Which, now that I think about it, makes a lot of sense.

Exactly. The same thought crossed my mind earlier this morning.

Eisboch

Except, of course, that if Obama is "weak" on foreign policy, he is
strong in many other areas. Bush had and has no knowledge of anything
except how to screw things up.

"hk" wrote in message
news
Eisboch wrote:

Which (heh - this is a good one) would mean that Biden is Obama's
Cheney. :)

Which, now that I think about it, makes a lot of sense.

Exactly. The same thought crossed my mind earlier this morning.

Eisboch

Except, of course, that if Obama is "weak" on foreign policy, he is strong
in many other areas. Bush had and has no knowledge of anything except how
to screw things up.

Obama isn't running against Bush.
McCain, like Biden, has many years in the Senate.

But, there won't be a direct matchup between McCain and Biden. Debates
will be between Obama and McCain and Biden and whomever. In reality,
nobody really pays attention to the VP contest.

Eisboch

Biden D.Duck General 21 August 23rd 08 08:17 PM
A visit with an interesting guy who builds an interesting boat.... [email protected] General 8 June 16th 06 04:46 AM
GPS Performance analysis Alberto \(Tilax\) Electronics 14 January 23rd 05 10:22 PM
Oil analysis question Tamaroak Cruising 2 October 26th 04 02:41 AM