HK HK is offline

Default New Trailerboat

Tim wrote:
On Aug 5, 11:51 pm, hk wrote:
I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might be
a few lurkers who are.

This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that
has just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...neous/newtrail...

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's
a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer.
That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command console.

Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.

harry, that boat looks like a tug sitting on the back of that trailer,
and the outboards are huge comapred to the truck -tractor itself.

Yep...those V8 outboards are enormous, no doubt about it.

On Aug 6, 5:51*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq. LLC"
wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

.

Maybe it's just the picture, sitting on the trailer with the tow vehicle
shown in relationship to the boat/engines setup.
It almost looks fake.

Eisboch

That was my impression when i looked at it.

I see you changed your handle again Reggie. Afraid that John may
report how many posts you are making every month?

BTW: Do you ever get out of the house and away from your computer?

"hk" wrote in message
. ..

To each his own, but it's hard to imagine spending the money on a boat
like that Yellowfin and not getting a decent cabin. Crawling down into
that center console to find the head (I assume there is one down there)
is...well...claustrophobic. Also, for a boat that size, the cockpit area
abaft of the center console is minimal. And of course, you are losing two
or three feet of boat length to that silly eurotransom.

Must be a popular boat in Florida, though, hey? Is there a low-class
metalflake "tom special" color available? :)

Nice boats, though...but in a boat that size, I'd want some creature
comforts...and air conditioning.

Well, of course. The Yellowfin is for offshore fishing day trips. I've
been out on Buzzard's Bay doing over 60 mph in one and was very impressed
with the ride and handling. However, although I like it's design and
construction, I have no use for one for my boating interests.

The Parker is a well built boat, but for me, I would have no use for it
either. Same for a bubble boat, although for some, they are functional from
the standpoint of lots of inside space for it's length. Good for people
with families (kids) who boat together and want to spend weekends or
vacations on the water.

It's all about different strokes for different folks.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
. ..

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...railerboat.jpg

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a
34-footer and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing
room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics.
There's a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove,
refrigerator/freezer. That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command
console.

Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.

I know you like Parkers, which is fine, but to me, this simply looks
like a big, obese and overgrown version of the 25 footer.

The huge Yamaha outboards further reinforce that image. It might look
better if it was set up with twin inboard diesels. Some larger boats,
like a Yellowfin 34 or 36 CC offshore fishing boat look natural with big
outboards and they preserve space for fishing and gear. IMO, the Parker
just doesn't look right with twin monsterous outboards.

Maybe it's just the picture, sitting on the trailer with the tow vehicle
shown in relationship to the boat/engines setup.
It almost looks fake.

Eisboch

One either likes the way Parkers look...or one doesn't. If I were in the
market for a boat like that, I wouldn't buy one with twin outboards, but
not because of how it looks. On the other hand, these days I wouldn't buy
an inboard without a serious keel.

Hey. it's not a bubble boat, that's for sure. :)

Forgot...here's another shot.

Form follows function, hey?

The bracket is "deeper" than what you have been used to seeing because
these engines are "taller" when tipped up.

You apparently like the "eurostyle" transoms on Yellowfins and suchlike.
I don't...they intrude on the space available in the cockpit. In fact,
with engines of this size, they steal 3' of cockpit space, so the 34'
Yellowfin, if there is one, is only a 31-footer. The Parker is a 34-footer
from the transom (excluding the bracker) to the bow (excluding the
pulpit).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ailerboat2.jpg

SW Tom won't like this boat, either. No metalflake. It's a white boat,
the color God intended for fiberglass. :)

You mean monkey puke yellow, don't you? And if you value your cockpit space
so much, why did you muck yours up with that Wal-Mart special, one size fits
all, surrey top?
See photo http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=213n5l1&s=4

HK HK is offline

wrote:
Eisboch wrote:

.

Maybe it's just the picture, sitting on the trailer with the tow vehicle
shown in relationship to the boat/engines setup.
It almost looks fake.
Eisboch

That was my impression when i looked at it.

I see you changed your handle again Reggie. Afraid that John may
report how many posts you are making every month?

BTW: Do you ever get out of the house and away from your computer?

My guess is that "reggie," the ranking e-coward of rec.boats, does this
so his posts will "get through" to those who have filtered him out. The
poor little schitt doesn't know that that game doesn't work anymore,
since he can easily be filtered out a half-dozen different ways.

On Aug 6, 7:32*am, "Jim" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
om...
[...]

That remark wasn't civil, troll.
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I suppose, though the idea of spending a weekend in a bubble boat
coffin is appalling.
Jim Jim is offline

"JimH" wrote in message
On Aug 6, 7:32 am, "Jim" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
om...
[...]

OOps. Now Harry is going to see it.

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 00:51:56 -0400, hk wrote:

I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might be
a few lurkers who are.

This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that
has just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...railerboat.jpg

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.

I would agree with you - small commercial operators probably, maybe
even the small head boat industry.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's
a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer.
That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command console.

It's a stretch Parker - you know, a Parker is a Parker is a Parker.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa....jsp?boatid=18

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.

Have they released the specs on it yet?
Jim Jim is offline

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
I suppose, though the idea of spending a weekend in a bubble boat coffin
is appalling.

Jim H .... Harry is poking fun of your boat again.