DK DK is offline

Default New Trailerboat

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might be
a few lurkers who are.

This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that
has just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...railerboat.jpg

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a
34-footer and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing
room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics.
There's a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove,
refrigerator/freezer. That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command
console.

Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.

I know you like Parkers, which is fine, but to me, this simply looks
like a big, obese and overgrown version of the 25 footer.

The huge Yamaha outboards further reinforce that image. It might look
better if it was set up with twin inboard diesels. Some larger boats,
like a Yellowfin 34 or 36 CC offshore fishing boat look natural with big
outboards and they preserve space for fishing and gear. IMO, the Parker
just doesn't look right with twin monsterous outboards.

Maybe it's just the picture, sitting on the trailer with the tow vehicle
shown in relationship to the boat/engines setup.
It almost looks fake.

Eisboch

One either likes the way Parkers look...or one doesn't. If I were in the
market for a boat like that, I wouldn't buy one with twin outboards, but
not because of how it looks. On the other hand, these days I wouldn't buy
an inboard without a serious keel.

Hey. it's not a bubble boat, that's for sure. :)

Forgot...here's another shot.

Form follows function, hey?

The bracket is "deeper" than what you have been used to seeing because
these engines are "taller" when tipped up.

You apparently like the "eurostyle" transoms on Yellowfins and suchlike.
I don't...they intrude on the space available in the cockpit. In fact,
with engines of this size, they steal 3' of cockpit space, so the 34'
Yellowfin, if there is one, is only a 31-footer. The Parker is a 34-footer
from the transom (excluding the bracker) to the bow (excluding the
pulpit).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ailerboat2.jpg

SW Tom won't like this boat, either. No metalflake. It's a white boat,
the color God intended for fiberglass. :)

Nope, he probably wouldn't. This is his style ..... 56 mph with twin 275's
...... 67 mph with triples.

Also availiable in colors other than white.

http://tinyurl.com/5bvkj4

Eisboch

There's nothing white about that tan Parker. At least they put a
transom on it.
DK DK is offline

Jim wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
I suppose, though the idea of spending a weekend in a bubble boat
coffin is appalling.

Jim H .... Harry is poking fun of your boat again.

He's a large dude so anything short of a concert hall is a "coffin" to WAFA.
DK DK is offline

wrote:
On Aug 6, 9:05 am, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...neous/newtrail....
Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.
I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.
The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's
a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer..
That's what is easily visible.
The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command console.
Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.
I thought you tried to get people here to believe you are quite the
accomplished photographer?
There is so much wrong with that picture that I don't know where to
begin.
-----------------------------
You missed the "factory supplied photo" part of his post.
Eisboch

Crikey...look at all the fun I am missing by filtering out Loogy and the
rest of the SevenLittleSchitts. :)- Hide quoted text -

You don't filter anybody, you answered me directly yesterday. Stll
have to wonder about the couple of posters playing with you and thus
encouraging the vial filth that you spew over our group and our
families.. Kind of like watching your neighbor get robbed and doing
nothing because you have an alarm system and know it wont happen to
you.

Well said and "spot on"!
DK DK is offline

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:15:17 -0400, hk wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 08:10:23 -0400, hk wrote:

Eisboch wrote:

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.
They had to. I was studying that also. It needs those massive extensions
to the main stringers to support the weight of those engines.
The bracket is exactly the same design as the one I had on my 25-foot
Parker, just larger. The bracket is designed and built that way to add
buoyancy at the stern when the boat is at rest. What you are seeing is
NOT a bracket for the outboards resting on a hull extension, but, in
fact, the bracket itself. It is through-bolted to the transom with hefty
stainless steel bolts about every inch and a half along the flat
portion. At least it was on my Parker. Therefore, there are no "massive
extensions to the main stringers to support the weight of the engines."
It could be, but I'd suspect that Eisboch is right - it almost has to
be attached directly to the stringers. There's a lot of leverage on
that stern for it not to be supported by the hull stringers.

There is no real way to tell from the images, but I do like the
concept of extending the hull form to the bracket. One of the
complaints I've always had about outboard brackets similar to the ones
on the Vector series Hydra-Sports is that they tend to bury the engine
on take off and coming off plane. Even playing with the trim doesn't
help any.

Extra buoyancy under the bracket is a good thing - interesting
application.

There are several manufacturers of brackets with flotation chambers.
Parker uses two of them that I know of to produce its custom designs.

When I talked to Robin, she said Parker didn't do custom designs and
wouldn't do one even with a bonus.

When did that change?

crickets

On Aug 6, 2:59*pm, "Jim" wrote:
"Calif Bill" wrote in message

.. .
On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 00:51:56 -0400, hk wrote:

I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might be
a few lurkers who are.

This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that
has just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...neous/newtrail....

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a
volume product.

I would agree with you - small commercial operators probably, maybe
even the small head boat industry.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed,
there's a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's
a wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer..
That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command
console.

It's a stretch Parker - you know, a Parker is a Parker is a Parker.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boa....jsp?boatid=18

Although I do like the way they extended the hull through to the
bracket - that's pretty interesting.

Have they released the specs on it yet?

I see very little market for it, except for someone with gobs of
disposable income. *No head boat is going to go for it at the price of gas
and the consumption that monster must use. *Most of the commercial people
using large jet boats for packing in to hunting camps or tours all all
going to diesel. *1/2 the fuel consumption for the same performance. *And
an outboard 34' boat. *How are you going to fish around those motors?
Besides that faded white that Parker uses looks like what you try to get
rid of from the clothes with all those washing products you see on TV.

Someone called the color monkey vomit. I think Krause is pimping for Mother
Parker. How else would you explain him starting a dozen threads on a go
nowhere do nothing ho hum boat with lines drawn in the 60s. That mistake is
going to end up in the Parker family stable of unmarketable ho hum boats.- Hide quoted text -

Oh, you know how it is, Harry owns one, so they are the best of
everything. Everything Harry has is the best and nothing else in the
known universe is worth owning if Harry doesn't have it.