Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default New Trailerboat

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
I realize there's not many here interested in boats, but there might be a
few lurkers who are.

This is a factory-supplied photo of a new offshore *fishing* boat that has
just been launched by Parker. It is hull #1 of actual production.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...railerboat.jpg

Yes, those are twin Yamaha F350s on the bracket. The boat is a 34-footer
and does about 55 mph at WOT.

I don't know what the market is for this boat. It certainly isn't a volume
product.

The interior is far less Spartan than is usual with a Parker, but it is
still a fisherman's craft, so it isn't like your typical bubble boat in
the main or forward cabin. The head, sink and shower are enclosed, there's
a vee-berth forward, there's an actual mechanical/plumbing room.
Main cabin has a command chair and a large area for electronics. There's a
wrap around bench and table, and a sink, stove, refrigerator/freezer.
That's what is easily visible.

The cockpit has a large and pretty fancy (for Parker) 2nd command console.

Pretty hefty trailer and tow vehicle, probably NOT an F150.

I know you like Parkers, which is fine, but to me, this simply looks like a
big, obese and overgrown version of the 25 footer.

The huge Yamaha outboards further reinforce that image. It might look
better if it was set up with twin inboard diesels. Some larger boats, like
a Yellowfin 34 or 36 CC offshore fishing boat look natural with big
outboards and they preserve space for fishing and gear. IMO, the Parker
just doesn't look right with twin monsterous outboards.

Maybe it's just the picture, sitting on the trailer with the tow vehicle
shown in relationship to the boat/engines setup.
It almost looks fake.

Eisboch