Default Sony laptops?

On Aug 3, 12:29*am, Larry wrote:
John H. wrote :

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks. Best
Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and router.

http://tinyurl.com/59yons

Thoughts?

Too much....Buy a Gateway and get more computer for half the price.

Gateway, nothing but a re-badged eMachine.

wrote:
On Aug 3, 12:29 am, Larry wrote:
John H. wrote :

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks. Best
Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and router.
http://tinyurl.com/59yons
Thoughts?

Too much....Buy a Gateway and get more computer for half the price.

Gateway, nothing but a re-badged eMachine.

I purchased a Gateway desktop, after buying a lemon from Dell. It has
a AMD dual core, with similar CPU speed to the Dell, but the Dell ran
slower than my old machine and the Gateway was blazing fast. Gateway
also limited the number of "crapware" they preinstalled on the computer.
Dell was loaded with the stuff. I think it is about 2 yrs old,
without any problems, so if it really is a eMachine, I am still happy.

--
This NG post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:58:56 +0000, John H. wrote:

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks.
Best Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and
router.

http://tinyurl.com/59yons

Thoughts?

If you haven't already pulled the trigger . . . I'll never buy another
Sony product. Do a web search on their quality control, customer
service, etc. At one time, Sony was right at the top, no longer. YMMV.

wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:58:56 +0000, John H. wrote:

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks.
Best Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and
router.

http://tinyurl.com/59yons

Thoughts?

If you haven't already pulled the trigger . . . I'll never buy another
Sony product. Do a web search on their quality control, customer
service, etc. At one time, Sony was right at the top, no longer. YMMV.

I agree with that, and it isn't limited to computers. Sony audio equipment
has gone downhill over the past few years as well.
Used to be halfway decent. No more.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
t...
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:58:56 +0000, John H. wrote:

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks.
Best Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and
router.

http://tinyurl.com/59yons

Thoughts?

If you haven't already pulled the trigger . . . I'll never buy another
Sony product. Do a web search on their quality control, customer
service, etc. At one time, Sony was right at the top, no longer. YMMV.

I agree with that, and it isn't limited to computers. Sony audio equipment
has gone downhill over the past few years as well.
Used to be halfway decent. No more.

Eisboch

SONY's "consumer" audio stuff was just average. It used to offer some
high-end audio equipment that was indeed halfway decent, but no more.

The only laptop SONY makes that is of the slightest interest is a very
small, very light model that might make a good business travel mate.
Most of the other SONY laptops seem too large and heavy for that sort of
use.

The SONY computers are consumer grade, no better or worse than anyone
else's similar stuff. SONY does "publish" a top of the line audio
manipulation program for semi-studio work that is very nifty, but if
memory serves, someone programmed it for SONY to put out under its
nameplate. It retails for like $500 or so.

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 23:52:27 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:58:56 +0000, John H. wrote:

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks.
Best Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and
router.

http://tinyurl.com/59yons

Thoughts?

If you haven't already pulled the trigger . . . I'll never buy another
Sony product. Do a web search on their quality control, customer
service, etc. At one time, Sony was right at the top, no longer. YMMV.

Too late. Oh well, it's pretty - what can I say?

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:32:33 +0000, John H. wrote:

Too late. Oh well, it's pretty - what can I say?

Then, it's the best laptop I've ever own. Should provide you with many
years of service. ;-)

On Aug 3, 6:32*am, John H. wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 23:52:27 -0500, wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 20:58:56 +0000, John H. wrote:

Am considering this laptop for my wife's birthday in a couple weeks.
Best Buy has it on sale for $999. I'll add another gig of RAM and
router.

http://tinyurl.com/59yons

Thoughts?

If you haven't already pulled the trigger . . . *I'll never buy another
Sony product. *Do a web search on their quality control, customer
service, etc. *At one time, Sony was right at the top, no longer. *YMMV.

Too late. Oh well, it's pretty - what can I say?

ROTF! That's our Johnny.....asks for advice then disregards it.

Inverters & Laptops Floating Mind Electronics 33 March 11th 07 11:42 AM
Laptops Gordon Electronics 3 April 13th 06 01:01 AM
marine laptops BC10 Electronics 2 June 7th 05 03:08 PM
12 volt laptops Bob Owen Cruising 8 November 16th 03 02:00 PM
Laptops and 12 volts. Josh Assing Electronics 14 August 20th 03 09:23 PM