Bob Owen

Default 12 volt laptops

Does any know which laptops run off 12 volt and therefore do not need an
inverter I think the old Toshiba one did
Cheers Bob

Paul

I believe they all can.

Look at the options available for whichever one you're considering, usually
they have a DC power cord in the list.

"Bob Owen" wrote in message
Does any know which laptops run off 12 volt and therefore do not need an
inverter I think the old Toshiba one did
Cheers Bob

Bob Owen

I have a compac 1700 which has a power cord that goes straight to it

I do know that some computers have a step-down converter that takes mains
voltage and brings it down to 13 volts so were that plugs into the computer
it only need 13 volts which will normally run on a 12 volt system, that is
what I am after.

Cheers Bob

.rogers.com...

"Bob Owen" wrote in message
Does any know which laptops run off 12 volt and therefore do not need an
inverter I think the old Toshiba one did
Cheers Bob

Paul

There's no alternate power input besides the AC cord? If there is you can
look at items such as:

http://lindelectronics.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi/!ORDERID!/aaa/LL7220-706-cpaq/dbx_gen_detail_product

or

http://www.bixnet.com/unautpowad.html

Here is the search string I used at Google

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...+1700+dc+power

"Bob Owen" wrote in message
Does any know which laptops run off 12 volt and therefore do not need

an
inverter I think the old Toshiba one did
Cheers Bob

Kharlosan

http://www.navstore.com/argonaut_ranger.asp
Kharlosan