DK DK is offline

Default GM loses big-time

Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

But the prettiest awful car I ever had was an MG-A. Gorgeous, white with
red leather. Looked very pretty sitting in the driveway where I lived in
Kansas City. That's where it spent most of its time, too, sitting in the
driveway. It was a mechanical and electrical P.O.S. It was sort of like
the girl I was dating at the time...very pretty, with really nice
upholstery, but it was damned hard to start her up and keep her running.

Isn't it interesting this is the same English company that made the Morris
Minors I always loved. I had a little green saloon, a drophead coupe and
always wanted the little woody wagon but never found one I could afford on
sailor's pay.

My 37hp drophead, with its white racing stripes to match the 6 light and 8
badge bar, not to mention its 37hp monstrous 4-cylinder powerplant, was my
favorite. A little '41 Ford convertible, made in 1964.

The only thing it lost was the master cylinder in the hydraulic brakes.
The hand brake worked good until I saved up enough money to buy a new
master cylinder on my measily $100 Navy check....

There's a towtruck company downtown that has a lot of Morris and Austin
Minis....the real ones not the new BMW fake ones. They are pretty proud of
them when you ask the price....(c;

WAFA's tale follows:

Sometime in the early 1960s, I was driving back from Ft.
Leonard Wood to Kansas City in a nice old MGA I owned at the time. About
halfway home it started raining heavily, I turned on the wipers, and
EVERY SINGLE electrical accessory and light in the car flashed on, there
was a large popping sound and it all blew out at once. And the car
caught fire. I pulled over to the side of the road, watched the fire,
removed my license plate and hitched on home. For all I know, that old
MGA is still there.

Sure was a pretty little car.
DK DK is offline

Jim wrote:

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

drive them up and down the driveway. Big deal, huh?

We got to drive the huge John Deere 720 2-cylinder diesel monster
tractor across the snow.....pulling the ****spreader full of
yesterday's feed spraying out in all directions behind us...Yum Yum!

The trick was to get it spread out of the ****spreader BEFORE it
froze solid as it was -30F that early in the morning....

If it froze in the spreader, my grandfather would do unspeakable
things to your ass....THEN make you wait in the warm barn until it
thawed so you could correct your mistake...in the fumes!

I was wondering how you could tolerate the rec.boats stench...you've
had training.

That remark wasn't civil, troll.

WAFA's attempting to recruit new friends. He brainwashed his enemy JimH
but he has a weak mind.
DK DK is offline

Jim wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
"Jim" wrote in news:g79lts$k5k$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

She lacked motivation?

I made errors on two of my Hondas. I traded in my 305 Honda Dream
on a Triumph 650....I was young. The other mistake was selling my
Honda 600 sedan:
http://www.honda600coupe.com/Honda_6..._22_Honda.html
I bet they want a pretty penny for this perfect specimen....I don't
think it was ever on the road!

I got you beat! My *first* motorcycle was... a 250cc Honda Dream.
Used and just carefully broken in when I bought it, and it served me
well for a couple of years. Ugly little bike, but...it sure looked
sweet compared to the BSAs and Triumphs my friends had, because...my
Honda started when I wanted it to...and their bikes sometimes ran and
sometimes didn't.

My first was a Honda 305 Superhawk. Drove it all summer and winter
in Illinois, mainly because I couldn't afford a car.

Eisboch

winter-motorcycle-Illinois? You are a daredevil,aren't you?

Illinois has a variety of weather. Northern IL is very different from
S. IL.
DK DK is offline

BAR wrote:
hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

drive them up and down the driveway. Big deal, huh?

We got to drive the huge John Deere 720 2-cylinder diesel
monster tractor across the snow.....pulling the ****spreader
full of yesterday's feed spraying out in all directions behind
us...Yum Yum!

The trick was to get it spread out of the ****spreader BEFORE
it froze solid as it was -30F that early in the morning....

If it froze in the spreader, my grandfather would do
unspeakable things to your ass....THEN make you wait in the
warm barn until it thawed so you could correct your
mistake...in the fumes!

I was wondering how you could tolerate the rec.boats
stench...you've had training.

That remark wasn't civil, troll.
How did you know he was referring to you?
Arrrgh. I've got Florida Jim in the bozo bin with the rest of the
Seven Little Schitts...you're not helping... :)
He's flippin' out. Actually has the nerve to refer to other
posters as not "civil".

Ahh, well. If memory serves, "Eisboch" vouches for him. Makes you
wonder. But not much. FloridaJim is from the same batch of vomitus
as the rest of The Seven Little Schitts.

Did you ever see that photo he posted of that old, clapped-out
Wellcraft? There was one just like it down at the local marina that
had been abandoned by its owner and was being broken up for
dumpsterville.

Jim is very good at what he does.
Whatever it is.

Right now he's playing with you.

I also *would* trust him with my life. There are only a few people
in that category.

Eisboch

His behavior here is almost entirely negative, which qualifies him for
membership in the seven little schitts. If you reviewed his last 1000
posts, I'd bet that close to all of them were nothing more than petty
little insults.

As opposed to your last 20,000 posts and their negative slant.

WAFA is oblivious to that fact. He has his own, delusional agenda.
Senior Member

On Aug 5, 1:12*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Larry wrote:
[...]

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Mine was a 76 Honda CB 500 twin..

Senior Member

On Aug 5, 1:12*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Larry wrote:
[...]

I drove my Honda for two years in the snow in CT.. Worked way out of
town, nights, some nights when they shut down the plows at sunset it
was pretty hairy going to work..

"DK" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

We lived briefly in Zion, IL. Just a couple of miles from the Wisconsin
border. Interesting little dry town. No booze or beer sold.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

My buddy is driving his 305 on Sir Francis Drake Blvd, in Marin County and
loses it. Big time, goes sliding down the road, to come to a stop as it
touches the front bumper of a CHP car. And talks his way out of a ticket.

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:29:21 -0400, "Eisboch"

. ..
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:56:11 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
. ..

You have to wonder what the ships social committee made off those
deals.

"Ship's Social Committee"?

What the hell is *that*?

You Canadians have a strange Navy.

Correction - there isn't a Canadian Navy as such.

It's the Canadian Armed Forces - they are all in one service.

You mean they have Jarheads that know how to drive a boat?

Piffle - just like our Navy - bus drivers for the real military.

Must be smart ones up there.

HEY!!!! :)

some of us were smarter than Jarheads. We dealt with the taxi service and
did not get a lot of purple hearts in the process. Did miss combat pay
being stateside in an airconditioned electronics shop.

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 16:32:39 -0300, "Don White"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:50:14 +0000, Larry wrote:

The only thing it lost was the master cylinder in the hydraulic brakes.
The hand brake worked good until I saved up enough money to buy a new
master cylinder on my measily $100 Navy check....

Reminds me. In the Med in '64 I signed up for stateside delivery of a
Triumph Spitfire. $500 down, taken right from my Navy payroll.
One of those deals where vendors come aboard.
Back in the states my ma talked me into not going through with the
deal. Lost the $500, about half a years salary.
No biggie. Didn't need much money then. But it does **** me off now
when I think about it. Could have invested that in IBM. Uh huh.
Think I spent the same with another ship vendor the next Med trip for
Encyclopedia Americana delivered to my ma's house, but that was
actually worth it.

--Vic

You have to wonder what the ships social committee made off those deals.

Social committee? Never heard of that, and never gave any thought
about the vendors got aboard, or how they were vetted.
Seemed they were on the up and up, and I bought some nice stuff to
bring home as gifts for family. German cutlery and Venetian glass is
what I remember.
I was a kid and probably waited too long to cancel the deal, and maybe
didn't read the fine print. Can't remember the details, but never
considered blaming the Navy. It was my fault, and the experience
always kept me on my toes in future transactions.
Only thing I had against the Navy was them pulling a molar of mine
that was aching in Naples. I'd still have that tooth now if they did
a root canal. We were in for a few days, but the guy was pull-happy.
Maybe even penicillin would have fixed it. I still remember the Lt.
with big forearms straining to pull it out.
His swabby assistant walked away not wanting to watch and the Lt.
yelled at him, "Get your ass back here and hold his head!"
Lots of blood. ****ers. But hey, that's the Navy.
Another Lt. at NAS Norfolk did an excellent job saving a dead front
tooth I had chipped as a kid. Win some, lose some.

--Vic

You at least had a bad front tooth. Air Force dentist accidently nailed the
front tooth with a drill. They had the Full Bird Col. come in to do the
root canal.

LOKI loses her rudder Bart ASA 8 November 1st 07 03:49 AM
Oh my, Loco loses again! Capt. Rob ASA 3 July 17th 06 04:44 PM
Loco loses again! Bobsprit ASA 5 September 19th 04 09:23 PM
Bob loses!! Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 January 21st 04 09:16 AM
If Bush Loses Bobsprit ASA 9 November 24th 03 12:37 AM