Default GM loses big-time

On Aug 5, 1:12*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

Larry wrote:
"Jim" wrote in news:g79lts$k5k$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

She lacked motivation?

I made errors on two of my Hondas. *I traded in my 305 Honda Dream on a
Triumph 650....I was young. *The other mistake was selling my Honda 600
sedan:
http://www.honda600coupe.com/Honda_6..._22_Honda.html
I bet they want a pretty penny for this perfect specimen....I don't think
it was ever on the road!

I got you beat! My *first* motorcycle was... a 250cc Honda Dream. Used and
just carefully broken in when I bought it, and it served me well for a
couple of years. Ugly little bike, but...it sure looked sweet compared to
the BSAs and Triumphs my friends had, because...my Honda started when I
wanted it to...and their bikes sometimes ran and sometimes didn't.

My first was a Honda 305 Superhawk. * Drove it all summer and winter in
Illinois, mainly because I couldn't afford a car.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

I had a beat up Honda 305 scrambler like this

http://www.southendmotorcycle.com/im...7scrambler.JPG
HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

drive them up and down the driveway. Big deal, huh?

We got to drive the huge John Deere 720 2-cylinder diesel monster
tractor across the snow.....pulling the ****spreader full of yesterday's
feed spraying out in all directions behind us...Yum Yum!

The trick was to get it spread out of the ****spreader BEFORE it froze
solid as it was -30F that early in the morning....

If it froze in the spreader, my grandfather would do unspeakable things
to your ass....THEN make you wait in the warm barn until it thawed so
you could correct your mistake...in the fumes!

I was wondering how you could tolerate the rec.boats stench...you've had
training.

That remark wasn't civil, troll.

How did you know he was referring to you?

Arrrgh. I've got Florida Jim in the bozo bin with the rest of the Seven
Little Schitts...you're not helping... :)
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:58:39 -0400, hk wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

Ahhh...the smooth fendered Honda. The fenders on mine looked like they
came from an early Japanese horror movie.

???

You've never seen the fenders on a 250cc Honda Dream? The fenders came
with a "crease" in the center and looked like some sort of Japanese
cartoon art.

On Aug 5, 2:19*pm, hk wrote:
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
m...
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
news:0JOdnRk1McWQ5QXVnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@comcast. com:

drive them up and down the driveway. Big deal, huh?

We got to drive the huge John Deere 720 2-cylinder diesel monster
tractor across the snow.....pulling the ****spreader full of yesterday's
feed spraying out in all directions behind us...Yum Yum!

The trick was to get it spread out of the ****spreader BEFORE it froze
solid as it was -30F that early in the morning....

If it froze in the spreader, my grandfather would do unspeakable things
to your ass....THEN make you wait in the warm barn until it thawed so
you could correct your mistake...in the fumes!

I was wondering how you could tolerate the rec.boats stench...you've had
training.

That remark wasn't civil, troll.

How did you know he was referring to you?

Arrrgh. I've got Florida Jim in the bozo bin with the rest of the Seven
Little Schitts...you're not helping... * :)- Hide quoted text -

Why would you have people in you Bozo's Bin if you were only here "to
observe", liar?

On Aug 5, 1:58*pm, hk wrote:
Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

came from an early Japanese horror movie.- Hide quoted text -

There were several Dream models made, some with smooth fenders.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

??? The 250 Dream (247cc) had the well known, and quite distinctive,
"roman helmet" style fenders, Harry. Just like the 160 Dream and the
305 Dream.

Is that what the edges of the front fender were called? Roman helmet?
Whatever. I thought they were inspired by Japanese cartoon art. Anyway,
there was a "folded edge or crease" on each side of the center of the
fender. The joke then was they were made out of old Japanese beer cans.
But I sure liked that bike.

Mine looked like this, but this one wasn't mine:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ream250_65.jpg
HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

Oh...it was a hell of a long time about, but I don't recall that mine
had whitewall tires.

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

drive them up and down the driveway. Big deal, huh?

We got to drive the huge John Deere 720 2-cylinder diesel monster
tractor across the snow.....pulling the ****spreader full of
yesterday's feed spraying out in all directions behind us...Yum Yum!

The trick was to get it spread out of the ****spreader BEFORE it froze
solid as it was -30F that early in the morning....

If it froze in the spreader, my grandfather would do unspeakable
things to your ass....THEN make you wait in the warm barn until it
thawed so you could correct your mistake...in the fumes!

I was wondering how you could tolerate the rec.boats stench...you've
had training.

That remark wasn't civil, troll.

How did you know he was referring to you?

Arrrgh. I've got Florida Jim in the bozo bin with the rest of the Seven
Little Schitts...you're not helping... :)

He's flippin' out. Actually has the nerve to refer to other posters as not
"civil".

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:50:14 +0000, Larry wrote:

The only thing it lost was the master cylinder in the hydraulic brakes.
The hand brake worked good until I saved up enough money to buy a new
master cylinder on my measily $100 Navy check....

Reminds me. In the Med in '64 I signed up for stateside delivery of a
Triumph Spitfire. $500 down, taken right from my Navy payroll.
One of those deals where vendors come aboard.
Back in the states my ma talked me into not going through with the
deal. Lost the $500, about half a years salary.
No biggie. Didn't need much money then. But it does **** me off now
when I think about it. Could have invested that in IBM. Uh huh.
Think I spent the same with another ship vendor the next Med trip for
Encyclopedia Americana delivered to my ma's house, but that was
actually worth it.

--Vic

You have to wonder what the ships social committee made off those deals.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Don White wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

[...]

Ahh, well. If memory serves, "Eisboch" vouches for him. Makes you
wonder. But not much. FloridaJim is from the same batch of vomitus as
the rest of The Seven Little Schitts.

Did you ever see that photo he posted of that old, clapped-out
Wellcraft? There was one just like it down at the local marina that had
been abandoned by its owner and was being broken up for dumpsterville.

LOKI loses her rudder Bart ASA 8 November 1st 07 03:49 AM
Oh my, Loco loses again! Capt. Rob ASA 3 July 17th 06 04:44 PM
Loco loses again! Bobsprit ASA 5 September 19th 04 09:23 PM
Bob loses!! Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 January 21st 04 09:16 AM
If Bush Loses Bobsprit ASA 9 November 24th 03 12:37 AM