Default GM loses big-time

On Aug 5, 9:34*am, wrote:
On Aug 5, 9:26*am, "Eisboch" wrote:

"hk" wrote in message

I had a FIAT Abarth 850 for about three months once. Used. Awful car. Now
they are collector's items and fetch big bucks. They're still awful cars.

The 850 Spider we had in Italy looked just like this .... same color even

http://www.motorbase.com/uploads/200..._my_850_14.jpg

Eisboch

I owned an Austin Healey (sp?) Sprite for a while when I was traveling
in the south.. Cute little car...

True Sprite story:

I bought this bug eye, I was 16 at the time. It was pretty much junk,
seats out and such. Well, to two it home, we towed it behind my
brother's car. I sat on a bucket with a pair of Vice Grips to steer
it, as the steering wheel was gone. Can you see where we're going with
this? Yep, go around a curve in the county road, bucket tips
over......
Not done. When I go to fall off of the bucket, I yank the vice grip/
steering mechanism right off of the stem! Luckily, I had thought to
slam on the brakes, my brother noticed, and we came to a stop in the
ditch! Man, we used to have fun! It's too bad that Harry and JimH and
people like that had to stay in there hermetically sealed rooms to
avoid any danger.

"hk" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 9:26 am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"hk" wrote in message

. ..

I had a FIAT Abarth 850 for about three months once. Used. Awful car.
Now
they are collector's items and fetch big bucks. They're still awful
cars.
The 850 Spider we had in Italy looked just like this .... same color
even

http://www.motorbase.com/uploads/200..._my_850_14.jpg

Eisboch

I owned an Austin Healey (sp?) Sprite for a while when I was traveling
in the south.. Cute little car...

The bug-eye sprites were cute, but, man, were they death traps.

I drove one years ago. I felt like if I hicuped, I'd be off the road.

Eisboch

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
"Jim" wrote in news:g79lts$k5k$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

She lacked motivation?

I made errors on two of my Hondas. I traded in my 305 Honda Dream on a
Triumph 650....I was young. The other mistake was selling my Honda 600
sedan:
http://www.honda600coupe.com/Honda_6..._22_Honda.html
I bet they want a pretty penny for this perfect specimen....I don't think
it was ever on the road!

I got you beat! My *first* motorcycle was... a 250cc Honda Dream. Used and
just carefully broken in when I bought it, and it served me well for a
couple of years. Ugly little bike, but...it sure looked sweet compared to
the BSAs and Triumphs my friends had, because...my Honda started when I
wanted it to...and their bikes sometimes ran and sometimes didn't.

My first was a Honda 305 Superhawk. Drove it all summer and winter in
Illinois, mainly because I couldn't afford a car.

Eisboch

Jim Jim is offline

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

winter-motorcycle-Illinois? You are a daredevil,aren't you?

wrote in message
On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:21:20 -0400, "Jim" wrote:

"Eisboch" wrote in message
om...

"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

It's not so bad once you pound the seat with your fist in the morning
to break up the ice.

And riding in 6-8 inches of fresh snow isn't too bad once you get used to
it. I used to stick my feet out like ski poles and wooble down the road,
back to the apartment.

Eisboch

"Larry" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in
:

The 850 Spider we had in Italy looked just like this .... same color
even ...

Mine was a horrid orange, but what can you expect for $1200...(c;

Someone told him it needed an expensive radiator, so he dumped it on me.
The radiator shop guy shrugged and said, "Come back on Wednesday." when it
was ready to go for $65...??

Closest I got to a Fiat was my early 80s orange Lada with racing stripes.
(based on the Fiat 124)

"Jim" wrote in message

"hk" wrote in message
. ..
Larry wrote:
hk wrote in
:

drive them up and down the driveway. Big deal, huh?

We got to drive the huge John Deere 720 2-cylinder diesel monster
tractor across the snow.....pulling the ****spreader full of yesterday's
feed spraying out in all directions behind us...Yum Yum!

The trick was to get it spread out of the ****spreader BEFORE it froze
solid as it was -30F that early in the morning....

If it froze in the spreader, my grandfather would do unspeakable things
to your ass....THEN make you wait in the warm barn until it thawed so
you could correct your mistake...in the fumes!

I was wondering how you could tolerate the rec.boats stench...you've had
training.

That remark wasn't civil, troll.

How did you know he was referring to you?

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
Larry wrote:
[...]

Ahhh...the smooth fendered Honda. The fenders on mine looked like they
came from an early Japanese horror movie.

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:50:14 +0000, Larry wrote:

The only thing it lost was the master cylinder in the hydraulic brakes.
The hand brake worked good until I saved up enough money to buy a new
master cylinder on my measily $100 Navy check....

Reminds me. In the Med in '64 I signed up for stateside delivery of a
Triumph Spitfire. $500 down, taken right from my Navy payroll.
One of those deals where vendors come aboard.
Back in the states my ma talked me into not going through with the
deal. Lost the $500, about half a years salary.
No biggie. Didn't need much money then. But it does **** me off now
when I think about it. Could have invested that in IBM. Uh huh.
Think I spent the same with another ship vendor the next Med trip for
Encyclopedia Americana delivered to my ma's house, but that was
actually worth it.

--Vic

LOKI loses her rudder Bart ASA 8 November 1st 07 03:49 AM
Oh my, Loco loses again! Capt. Rob ASA 3 July 17th 06 04:44 PM
Loco loses again! Bobsprit ASA 5 September 19th 04 09:23 PM
Bob loses!! Jonathan Ganz ASA 0 January 21st 04 09:16 AM
If Bush Loses Bobsprit ASA 9 November 24th 03 12:37 AM