Default Quicksilver is Merc OEM prop?

"Ernest Scribbler" wrote in message
. ..
"Robert M. Gary" wrote
I'm not sure who else in the area might fix props

What area? Where I live (central WV) there aren't any local shops, but a
truck from Blackburn Distributing up in PA comes by once a week and visits
all the marinas and stores to collect damaged props and deliver repaired
ones. Like others have said, I've seen worse looking props than yours
sitting on the repair shelf.

I agree with your OP, btw, about an aluminum prop absorbing damage that a
stainless steel one would pass along to more expensive parts.

We had a merc 3.0 4cyl with a bravo out drive
we always got our props fixed and kept a back up
came in handy on a day one runs a-much. It came with
an aluminum prop but we put a black max on it. but by
then we never tore it up. we sold the boat to my sister
just before we moved to FL that summer they trashed
the prop lol.

On Jun 30, 6:38*pm, "sailirc" wrote:

I agree with your OP, btw, about analuminumprop absorbing damage that a
stainless steel one would pass along to more expensive parts.

I just bought a new AL OEM prop for about $110. That's about the same
as a single tank of gas. I'm much happer doing that than bending a
$600 shaft.

-Robert
HK HK is offline

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jun 30, 6:38 pm, "sailirc" wrote:

I agree with your OP, btw, about analuminumprop absorbing damage that a
stainless steel one would pass along to more expensive parts.

I just bought a new AL OEM prop for about $110. That's about the same
as a single tank of gas. I'm much happer doing that than bending a
$600 shaft.

-Robert

A lot of it depends on where you boat. Where I mostly boat now, in
Chesapeake Bay, is pretty much sans reefs, rocks, hard bottoms, et
cetera, so I don't worry much about my steel prop on Yo Ho. When I lived
in Florida and fished the shallows, I was very concerned about oyster
beds and hard shell bottoms, so I mostly used an aluminum prop.

On Jul 1, 12:46*pm, HK wrote:

A lot of it depends on where you boat.

We have a a lake near my house that is about 10,000 surface acres.
However, water is very political here in the People's Republic of
Kalifornia so the level goes up and down very frequently. Islands tend
to appear all the time in the middle of nowhere. When I hit my prop I
was shocked that there was anything there. Most of that area is about
400 feet deep.

-Robert