Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Quicksilver is Merc OEM prop?

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:31:30 -0700 (PDT), "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

On Jun 30, 2:23*pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:17:49 -0700 (PDT), "Robert M. Gary"

You need to find a prop shop, or a marina who can send it out for
repair. *If you talked to West Marine, you were likely talking to
summer help who may or may not have sufficient experience to even know
if the prop can be fixed or not.

Actually it was the dealer who told me it wasn't worth fixing. Of
course they're excited to sell me a double-priced new prop. I'm not
sure who else in the area might fix props though. BTW: The hub appears
fine and I'm going to reuse it.

Don't know where you boat, but if it's near a large lake or near the
ocean, there's a prop shop around somewhere.

These things aren't that hard to fix. Call a few other dealers and
just ask them if they can repair props and who they would recommend.

Heck - within 50 miles of me in the hinterlands of NE CT, there are
four prop shops that I know of right off the top of my head.