cw

Default Mirage vs Quicksilver prop

Hello,

Can somebody tell me which of these stainless props (3-blade, 19 pitch) is
generally considered better quality? Most of the pricing I've found
indicates that the Mirage SS prop a little more expensive...here's why I
ask: had my service shop send in my Mirage prop (off a Bravo 1 drive) for
repair of a small ding on it...they sent me back a generic-looking rebuilt
Quicksilver SS prop because they said they could get it done sooner, so we
could get the boat in the water...I've asked to get my original prop back
instead, but haven't got it yet...should I make a big deal out of this, or
let it go? Other than this, the shop has been OK...

Thanks

Chris

---

Steve Lawson

While both are made by Mercruiser, it's my understanding that the Mirage
prop is their 'high end' prop and the Quicksilvers are more the 'economy'
prop. What this means besides that the Mirage line usually costs more than
the Quicksilver it is hard to say...I've run both and cannot discern a huge
difference other than appearance.

Steve L.

et...

"cw" wrote in message
[...]

Removing lower unit from 40 hp Johnson outboard - Help? Brian Silver General 9 September 29th 03 06:17 PM
convert johnson prop to mercury richg99 General 1 September 22nd 03 12:23 PM
which prop Tony Thomas General 0 July 30th 03 12:35 PM
Prop sizes/performance Steve Lomax General 6 July 23rd 03 11:49 PM
Prop question Frank Taylor, Jr. General 5 July 23rd 03 04:23 AM