HK HK is offline

Default Speaking of beautiful images...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through the
various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos can only
conclude there are very minor variations in the results available with
the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or four stroke, on
similar boats.

Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.

Go take your meds.

I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

I'll be glad to consider your claims of "superior" fuel mileage and
meaningful performance differences on eTecs when you provide reasonable
proof of same. When I checked out the Evinrude site's "performance
bulletins" for a boat and engine combo that was very similar to mine and
read through the data presented, I saw that the published results
weren't significantly different than the results I get with my rig. In
other words, if I replaced my F150 Yamaha with an eTec 150, the
performance would be just about the same. I suspect they would be about
the same with a new-tech 150 Merc and with a four stroke 150 Suzuki, if
Suzuki made one in that size.

You claim to be a scientist of sorts, Tom. In science, when you are
discussing fact and not presenting theory, you present results that have
a high degree of certainty. The only information I have seen about eTecs
that probably is true is that a two-cycle eTec *might* out-accelerate a
four-cycle outboard by a bit from a dead start because of the nature of
two cycle versus four cycle engines. Maybe.

I await with interest your data that disproves the laws of thermodynamics.

HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through
the various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos can
only conclude there are very minor variations in the results
available with the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or
four stroke, on similar boats.

Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.

Go take your meds.

I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

That explains a lot.
HK HK is offline

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through
the various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos
can only conclude there are very minor variations in the results
available with the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or
four stroke, on similar boats.

Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.

Go take your meds.

I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

That explains a lot.

ESAD, crap-for-brains. Have a nice day.

On Jun 15, 9:04 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through
the various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos can
only conclude there are very minor variations in the results
available with the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or
four stroke, on similar boats.

Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.

Go take your meds.

I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

That explains a lot.

Another fine example of a post from someone who claims to want to
improve the tone and quality of this NG.
HK HK is offline

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 09:04:55 -0400, Reginald P. Smithers III penned
the following well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through
the various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos can
only conclude there are very minor variations in the results
available with the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or
four stroke, on similar boats.
Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.

Go take your meds.

I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

That explains a lot.

And these "piling-on" posts always take us....... where?

Exactly where Reggie wants this newsgroup to go, of course...into
irrelevance.

Obviously, the "problem" with this thread is that I refuse to take at
face value totally unsubstantiated claims about the "superiority" of
eTec technology in producing outboards that ignore the laws of physics.
It's the silliness...like me claiming that today's four stroke Suzukis
are "not as good as" today's four stroke Yamahas, when I know that both
Suzuki and Yamaha make first-rate engines. Commenting on the relative
weakness of the Suzuki dealer network, though, is fair, because I know
first-hand that it is not up to the standard of Yamaha or Mercury, at
least not in my area. Suzuki dealers are far and few between, and the
ones I've seen are not the larger shops with big parts departments and
service bays.

HK HK is offline

wrote:
HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:
Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through
the various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos can
only conclude there are very minor variations in the results
available with the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or
four stroke, on similar boats.
Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.
Go take your meds.
I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

That explains a lot.

Another fine example of a post from someone who claims to want to
improve the tone and quality of this NG.

I've caught you now...please provide proof that "Reggie" has any
interest in improving the tone and quality of this newsgroup...or any
other place we know of he frequents.

Go ahead...make my day. :)
Jim Jim is offline

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/15/2008 9:20:35 AM

Ignore the lightning rod that attracts this nonsense and these types of
posts will wither and disappear.

Senior Member

HK wrote:
[...]

posts will wither and disappear.- Hide quoted text -

I gotta' talk to Shortpants when I see him.. A few folks who left for
a while don't know how good it is here when we don't allow ourselves
to get involved with the trolls. Answering them so they can respond is
all they are interested in.. The agreement was working well until less
frequent visitors who were not aware of it began addressing them
again, giving them a platform.

I emplore any considering continued conversation with the trolls,
please refrain, or take it off list.. We have heard everything they
have to say, hundreds of times over the years.. There is no need to
hear it agian, or address it agan..

Thanks, Scotty

Some images... basskisser General 0 December 1st 06 02:00 PM
Some images... Stan (the Man) General 0 December 1st 06 01:20 PM
Images of Cruising...... [email protected] General 5 November 23rd 05 04:18 PM
Images of Cruising...... Wayne.B General 1 November 22nd 05 03:52 PM