HK HK is offline

Default Speaking of beautiful images...

Billgran wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Speaking of proof, I just checked the Evinrude site and could not find a
link that took me to the dozens of motor and boat test reports you can
find on the Mercury and Yamaha sites. The Evinrude site has lots of
pop-ups and hyperbole, but not the kind of hard information that helps a
potential buyer evaluate performance and fuel economy.

Can you provide the link there I couldn't find...appreciate it...

HK,

It looks like someone changed the Evinrude site recently and made it harder
to find the test reports.

Go to the Evinrude site, click on Showroom, then choose an engine family and
click on a specific motor. You will then see 3 tabs: SPECIFICATIONS,
COMPETITIVE COMPARISONS, and PERFORMANCE REPORTS. Click on COMPETITIVE
COMPARISONS first, then click on PERFORMANC REPORTS to see what you can
download. If you click just on REPORTS, sometimes it didn't work. I don't
know whose bright idea that was, but things could have been done a lot
simpler.

Bill Grannis
service manager

Thanks, Bill. I finally found them.
Just between us boys, the Evinrude site is...lousy.

There's just too much going on there, in terms of rollovers, popups, and
suchlike, and it is too difficult to find the information a prospective
buyer might want.

Well, at least the information a prospective buyer who knows how to read
might like... :)

On Jun 15, 6:26 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 16:25:58 -0400, HK penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

Billgran wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

[...]

Flash..... a technology in search of a purpose.....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/15/2008 6:26:38 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com

My dock neighbor has an E-Tec:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/2...eighborav9.jpg

Senior Member

On Jun 15, 2:33*pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:09:38 -0700 (PDT),
penned the following well considered
thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

A few folks who left for
a while don't know how good it is here when we don't allow ourselves
to get involved with the trolls. Answering them so they can respond is
all they are interested in.. The agreement was working well until less
frequent visitors who were not aware of it began addressing them
again, giving them a platform.

You can't "give them a platform," you can, however, deny them a
platform by refusing to respond to insulting responses. Probably, the
worst thing that I've seen is a response that says you are not
responding... those clearly show who can let it go and who can't.

It wasn't "good" here, it was just dead.... except for the USENET
equivalent of CB chatter.

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/15/2008 2:33:50 PM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com

Yeah, I guess you are right.. much better with the 50 insult posts a
day from one poster.. At least it gives us CB rednecks something to
talk about.

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:21:15 -0700, "Calif Bill"

. ..
http://www.swsports.org/images/Movies/Beautiful.wmv

Not a very efficent jet drive.

Oh - you would be surprized. :)

Not with that little nozzle seet so far above the water. :}

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
[...]

Tsk, tsk, tsk....remember, no playing with the trolls. 8)

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:10:31 -0400, D.Duck penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
[...]

Good call and exactly my point. It is hard to keep one of those
back-and-forth and/or piling on threads going when you don't post back
or pile on. The thread just dies and the trolls atrophy.

10-4 Good Buddy?, C'mon, C'mon......

I completely agree with all of your comments, but why have you never
directed one of the most prolific trolls in rec.boats? It seems he
respects your opinion, and you might be able to have an impact on his
behavior.

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:10:31 -0400, D.Duck penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
[...]

directed one TOWARDS the most prolific trolls in rec.boats? It seems he
respects your opinion, and you might be able to have an impact on his
behavior.

HK HK is offline

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:17:47 -0400, Reginald P. Smithers III penned

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:10:31 -0400, D.Duck penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
[...]

If you are going to talk to yourself at least SAY something! :-)

I'll say it for him: with his 50 different identities here, and his
years of snarky remarks that continue to this day, our boy "Reggie" is
one of the worst trolls ever to appear in rec.boats.

Have a nice day, all.
Senior Member

On Jun 16, 8:43*am, Gene Kearns
wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:10:31 -0400, D.Duck penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
[...]

Yup, yup, gotcher' girlfriends best friend here on that 65 s, deadhead
to Huntsville...

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepagehttp://pamandgene.idleplay.net/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguidehttp://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080615-0, 06/15/2008
Tested on: 6/16/2008 8:43:27 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.http://www.avast.com- Hide quoted text -

On Jun 16, 10:48*am, wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:43*am, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:10:31 -0400, D.Duck penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 2:33 pm, Gene Kearns
wrote:
[...]

Makes me want to hear old CW McCall.........*we got a great big
convoy, trucking across the USA......*

Some images... basskisser General 0 December 1st 06 02:00 PM
Some images... Stan (the Man) General 0 December 1st 06 01:20 PM
Images of Cruising...... [email protected] General 5 November 23rd 05 04:18 PM
Images of Cruising...... Wayne.B General 1 November 22nd 05 03:52 PM