HK HK is offline

Default Speaking of beautiful images...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 07:30:39 -0400, HK wrote:

Anyone with any understanding of outboard motors who reads through the
various performance bulletins available on engine/boat combos can only
conclude there are very minor variations in the results available with
the various brands of modern engines, two stroke or four stroke, on
similar boats.

Any "understanding" you have about anything relates only to what side
of the manic/depressive cycle you are on at any given time.

Go take your meds.

I took my daily vitamin. It's the only "med" I take.

I'll be glad to consider your claims of "superior" fuel mileage and
meaningful performance differences on eTecs when you provide reasonable
proof of same. When I checked out the Evinrude site's "performance
bulletins" for a boat and engine combo that was very similar to mine and
read through the data presented, I saw that the published results
weren't significantly different than the results I get with my rig. In
other words, if I replaced my F150 Yamaha with an eTec 150, the
performance would be just about the same. I suspect they would be about
the same with a new-tech 150 Merc and with a four stroke 150 Suzuki, if
Suzuki made one in that size.

You claim to be a scientist of sorts, Tom. In science, when you are
discussing fact and not presenting theory, you present results that have
a high degree of certainty. The only information I have seen about eTecs
that probably is true is that a two-cycle eTec *might* out-accelerate a
four-cycle outboard by a bit from a dead start because of the nature of
two cycle versus four cycle engines. Maybe.

I await with interest your data that disproves the laws of thermodynamics.