Default Vista SP1 - ops

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:36:10 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

Here wrote:
http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...00-1016_3-6231...

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

I have this update installed on my vista Ultimate x64 machine with no
problems.

I have had Vista x64 installed since about June and I like it.
I don't have any problems.
I use "sleep" mode and the only time I reboot is when Embarq dsl goes
down. Easier than doing the control panel/network thing 'cause I get
up to refill my water glass
Never had a BSOD.

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:

Here wrote:
http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...00-1016_3-6231...

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not?
Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

I have this update installed on my vista Ultimate x64 machine with no
problems.

I have had Vista x64 installed since about June and I like it.
I don't have any problems.
I use "sleep" mode and the only time I reboot is when Embarq dsl goes
down. Easier than doing the control panel/network thing 'cause I get
up to refill my water glass
Never had a BSOD.

Sssshhhhh.

Forgot to mention: we have a couple of computer near-illiterates here
whose knowledge of operating systems is limited to google-searching for
problems. John H. is one of them, and the newgroup idiot, Reggie
Smithers, is another.

BAR BAR is offline

HK wrote:
HK wrote:

Here wrote:
[...]

You forgot to add your name to that list.
HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:

Here wrote:
http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...00-1016_3-6231...
There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not?
Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H
I have this update installed on my vista Ultimate x64 machine with no
problems.

I have had Vista x64 installed since about June and I like it.
I don't have any problems.
I use "sleep" mode and the only time I reboot is when Embarq dsl goes
down. Easier than doing the control panel/network thing 'cause I get
up to refill my water glass
Never had a BSOD.

Sssshhhhh.

Once again Herring brings me up in a thread I had nothing to do with.
Infatuation.

BTW: My son has not voiced any complaints about the VISTA OS on his new
laptop. Maybe he can teach Reggie and JohnH how to correctly use it. ;-)

You can be sure he'd be having Blue Screens of Death if he ever let
Herringbrain, ReggieTurd, LoogyIdiot, or several of the other newsgroup
idiots near that laptop.

Here wrote:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

Yea, but Vista is a PoC. Vendors should just tell M$ to ship XP as an
option or they will put Linux as an option.

That aught to wake Redmond up.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:07:00 GMT, "Canuck57"
wrote:

.. .
Here wrote:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

Yea, but Vista is a PoC. Vendors should just tell M$ to ship XP as an
option or they will put Linux as an option.

That aught to wake Redmond up.

I'll probably be getting a new computer in the next few months, trying to
help the economy and all. It will have XP on it if possible.
--
John H

On Feb 22, 1:21*pm, HK wrote:
HK wrote:

Here wrote:
[...]

Smithers, is another.- Hide quoted text -

So, Harry, answer this simple question. If those people who critisize
Vista for what it is (a problematic piece of bloatware) are "computer
near-illiterates", are you then saying that Microsoft itself (who
acknowledges many many problems with Vista and even offers bandaid
fixes) is computer illiterate also?

Vista SP1 vs. XP SP2 - Benchmarked Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] General 17 February 19th 08 08:42 PM
Vista SP1 available in March Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] General 2 February 4th 08 06:56 PM
OT - Fun with Vista D-unit General 0 September 11th 07 02:04 PM
More on Vista......... Clams Canino General 18 April 23rd 07 11:21 PM