BoatBanter.com

-   -   Vista SP1 - ops (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/91184-vista-sp1-ops.html)

Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] February 21st 08 04:36 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

John H.[_3_] February 22nd 08 01:00 AM

Vista SP1 - ops

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:36:10 -0500, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is
Here wrote:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

[email protected] February 22nd 08 05:05 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

Here wrote:
http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...00-1016_3-6231...

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

I have this update installed on my vista Ultimate x64 machine with no
problems.

I have had Vista x64 installed since about June and I like it.
I don't have any problems.
I use "sleep" mode and the only time I reboot is when Embarq dsl goes
down. Easier than doing the control panel/network thing 'cause I get
up to refill my water glass
Never had a BSOD.

HK February 22nd 08 06:21 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

HK wrote:

Here wrote:
http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...00-1016_3-6231...

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not?
Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

I have this update installed on my vista Ultimate x64 machine with no
problems.

I have had Vista x64 installed since about June and I like it.
I don't have any problems.
I use "sleep" mode and the only time I reboot is when Embarq dsl goes
down. Easier than doing the control panel/network thing 'cause I get
up to refill my water glass
Never had a BSOD.

Sssshhhhh.

Forgot to mention: we have a couple of computer near-illiterates here
whose knowledge of operating systems is limited to google-searching for
problems. John H. is one of them, and the newgroup idiot, Reggie
Smithers, is another.

BAR February 22nd 08 06:25 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

HK wrote:
HK wrote:

Here wrote:
[...]

You forgot to add your name to that list.

HK February 22nd 08 10:37 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

JimH wrote:

Here wrote:
http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...00-1016_3-6231...
There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not?
Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H
I have this update installed on my vista Ultimate x64 machine with no
problems.

I have had Vista x64 installed since about June and I like it.
I don't have any problems.
I use "sleep" mode and the only time I reboot is when Embarq dsl goes
down. Easier than doing the control panel/network thing 'cause I get
up to refill my water glass
Never had a BSOD.

Sssshhhhh.

Once again Herring brings me up in a thread I had nothing to do with.
Infatuation.

BTW: My son has not voiced any complaints about the VISTA OS on his new
laptop. Maybe he can teach Reggie and JohnH how to correctly use it. ;-)

You can be sure he'd be having Blue Screens of Death if he ever let
Herringbrain, ReggieTurd, LoogyIdiot, or several of the other newsgroup
idiots near that laptop.

Canuck57 February 23rd 08 04:07 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

Here wrote:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

Yea, but Vista is a PoC. Vendors should just tell M$ to ship XP as an
option or they will put Linux as an option.

That aught to wake Redmond up.

John H.[_3_] February 23rd 08 04:37 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:07:00 GMT, "Canuck57"
wrote:

.. .
Here wrote:

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-pulls-...tag=ne.fd.mnbc

There you go with your anti-Vista stuff again.

What the hell would Microsoft know about whether Vista works or not? Now,
Jimh and Harry are experts, so let's see what they have to say.
--
John H

Yea, but Vista is a PoC. Vendors should just tell M$ to ship XP as an
option or they will put Linux as an option.

That aught to wake Redmond up.

I'll probably be getting a new computer in the next few months, trying to
help the economy and all. It will have XP on it if possible.
--
John H

[email protected] February 23rd 08 04:53 PM

Vista SP1 - ops

On Feb 22, 1:21*pm, HK wrote:
HK wrote:

Here wrote:
[...]

Smithers, is another.- Hide quoted text -

So, Harry, answer this simple question. If those people who critisize
Vista for what it is (a problematic piece of bloatware) are "computer
near-illiterates", are you then saying that Microsoft itself (who
acknowledges many many problems with Vista and even offers bandaid
fixes) is computer illiterate also?