Default Vista SP1 vs. XP SP2 - Benchmarked

Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

On Feb 19, 5:56*am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here
wrote:
Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

That can't be true. Harry and JimH have Vista and report that it isn't
a resource hog, performs flawlessly, doesn't bog the computer down,
and isn't "clunky". They also say that anybody that has a problem with
Vista doesn't know anything about computers and software. Of course,
this is despite what almost every real expert in the industry says.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message . ..
Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Tu5CPVoP8

db

D-unit wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message . ..
Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Tu5CPVoP8

db

At least they have decided to do truth in advertising.

On Feb 19, 9:24*am, "D-unit" cof42_AT_embarqmail.com wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in messagenews:tMidnVj5apa6KyfanZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@comca st.com...

Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message . ..
Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

Does SP1 remove anything???

I found out the other night that VISTA won't allow me to delete
certain files.. (even after I take ownership) eye roll

How nice.

db

"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in message . ..
Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.

I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

"Geek squad" explains it in less than an hour. Actually he makes a good
point in the first couple minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELrx...eature=related

db

jamesgangnc wrote:
On Feb 19, 10:08 am, "D-unit" cof42_AT_embarqmail.com wrote:
"Reginald P. Smithers III" "Reggie is Here wrote in messagenews:tMidnVj5apa6KyfanZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@comca st.com...

Even with the SP1 update, Win XP SP2 still outperforms Vista with the
new and improved SP1.
I hope MS gets it together before it is time for me to buy a new computer.

"Geek squad" explains it in less than an hour. Actually he makes a good
point in the first couple minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HELrx...eature=related

db

And xp is slower that windows 98. Every new os has been slower on the
same hardware than the previous one. Ever boot dos on a new machine?
Old dos programs run incredibly fast.

The only reason to upgrade OS is if it offers a feature and benefit you
can not get with the old OS. Vista has not really offered any benefit
to upgrade and get a slower machine, which is why many people are paying
an upcharge to have Win XP installed on new machines, instead of Vista.

Vista SP1 available in March Reginald P. Smithers III[_9_] General 2 February 4th 08 06:56 PM
OT - Fun with Vista D-unit General 0 September 11th 07 02:04 PM
More on Vista......... Clams Canino General 18 April 23rd 07 11:21 PM