Default I am so ashamed...

"Canuck57" wrote in news:wWydj.41779$vd4.27101
@pd7urf1no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

I find THIS video much more interesting.....and telling.

What a piece of ****!

Larry
--
http://kitco.com/charts/livegold.html
9-11-2001 gold was $270/oz

"Larry" wrote in message
"Canuck57" wrote in news:wWydj.41779$vd4.27101
@pd7urf1no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

I find THIS video much more interesting.....and telling.

What a piece of ****!

That's an impressive demonstration. Obviously done by the Ford folks, but
damn .... over 3 inches of frame deflection on the Toyota versus under an
inch on the Ford for the given load.

3 inches seems like a lot of dynamic flex on metal of that length over time,
even though I am sure both frames are hardened. Probably not anywhere near
it's yield, but thoughts of longer term metal fatigue start to come to mind.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Larry" wrote in message
"Canuck57" wrote in
@pd7urf1no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

I find THIS video much more interesting.....and telling.

What a piece of ****!

That's an impressive demonstration. Obviously done by the Ford folks, but
damn .... over 3 inches of frame deflection on the Toyota versus under an
inch on the Ford for the given load.

3 inches seems like a lot of dynamic flex on metal of that length over
time, even though I am sure both frames are hardened. Probably not
anywhere near it's yield, but thoughts of longer term metal fatigue start
to come to mind.

Eisboch

The Ford will have less opportunities to flex, since it'll spend less time
in motion, as it waits for various engineering pranks to be fixed.

"Canuck57" wrote in news:wWydj.41779$vd4.27101
@pd7urf1no:

You mean one of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWGn6_EH2gM

See? YouTube is MUCH better'n cable TV....(c;

Larry
--
http://kitco.com/charts/livegold.html
9-11-2001 gold was $270/oz
TODAY its $838/oz, up $40 since Christmas, up $11 just TODAY!
1yearchg +204.60 +32.26%
When does a "slide" become a "crash"?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:43:35 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
"Canuck57" wrote in news:wWydj.41779$vd4.27101
@pd7urf1no:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE

I find THIS video much more interesting.....and telling.

What a piece of ****!

That's an impressive demonstration. Obviously done by the Ford folks, but
damn .... over 3 inches of frame deflection on the Toyota versus under an
inch on the Ford for the given load.

3 inches seems like a lot of dynamic flex on metal of that length over time,
even though I am sure both frames are hardened. Probably not anywhere near
it's yield, but thoughts of longer term metal fatigue start to come to mind.

By comparison, the Ford suspension is stiffer certainly. And I
suppose that over time and heavy at-the-limits carrying capacity, it
probably is meaningful. But you have to remember that the test is
designed to show "flex" but how often do you load one corner of the
pickup at the max to make it flex like that? The object of load
carrying is to level or center the loads - not put all the weight on
one corner.

On the other hand, I would be interested in seeing what that torture
test track test would look like with the trucks loaded to their
maximums. An empty pickup truck is going to bounce - some more than
others.

That's not what I was really interested in though. I wanted to
compare HD trucks side-by-each in a tow test. I half made up my mind
to get another F-250 when Mrs. Wave said one of her collegues husbands
sold Toyotas - why not try one of those?

I did and was sold on it's ability to tow which is all I'm interested
in. And according to the on-board fuel economy computer the lowest
mpg was 13 and the highest 16 on the highway. Beats the hell out of
my F-150 by comparison at 6 and 10. And it held speed without
shifting on slopes on the highway. It was compariably equipped to the
F-150 and in terms of price - about $12,000 cheaper than a XLT Ford
after rebates and a little price haggling helped by the fact that the
dealer hasn't sold a lot of trucks in the past couple of months.

If it will do what I want it to at better gas milage with a bigger
engine swinging bigger gears with the same high end audio and interior
appointments why would I not buy it?

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:43:35 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
. ..
"Canuck57" wrote in
[...]

It's got a magic cargo light which, when used correctly, will make
tailgaters go away.

If it will do what I want it to at better gas milage with a bigger
engine swinging bigger gears with the same high end audio and interior
appointments why would I not buy it?

If it floats your boat, buy it!

(Get it ... tows your boat, boat floats .... hehehe)

Eisboch

(watching the Patriots possibly losing for the first time this season.
Exciting game.)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:41:06 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

(watching the Patriots possibly losing for the first time this season.
Exciting game.)

Great game so far - Manning is playing out of his mind.

snip....
I half made up my mind to get another F-250 when Mrs. Wave said one of
her collegues husbands
sold Toyotas - why not try one of those?

snip...

Ah ha! That was the clincher. ;-)

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 02:58:02 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

(watching the Patriots possibly losing for the first time this season.
Exciting game.)

Great game so far - Manning is playing out of his mind.

Darn good try by the Giants, and it could have easily gone the other
way.

Let's hope they meet again in the Super Bowl.