Default SeaRay

How many out there own a SeaRay boat?

Eisboch

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:25:16 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

How many out there own a SeaRay boat?

Eisboch

Is this a quiz? I'd guess about 47,872.

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:25:16 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

How many out there own a SeaRay boat?

270 Sundeck with 6.2L MPI.

1988 17' Seville with its original 100hp Merc outboard.

Great boat, great motor.

--
Denis Roy
D. Roy Woodcraft
"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:25:16 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

How many out there own a SeaRay boat?

270 Sundeck with 6.2L MPI.

It was moderately rough ... maybe 2-3 foot chop on top of swells.

A friend of mine was left his Dads 48 footer, and he told me through
10+ foot chop, the thing was a rock. Twin 502's in it. Wish I could've
had a ride...... He was involved in a serious accident, and couldnt
afford the maintenance for the boat. Ended up selling it for $300,000

He got the boat up on plane and has we hit a wave and came down
with a thud, the whole boat quaked like Jell-O.

I can make an estimated 12 miles an hour in 4' chop in my old Chris.
The listed speed is a guess ( no gps yet..), but there comes a point
in which the boat becomes smoother relating to speed, relating to chop
size. We went out the other day, and at WOT, the boat had the coolest
sensation of a veeeeery slow forward roll.

"Eisboch" wrote in
:

How many out there own a SeaRay boat?

Eisboch

I had one of these Brunswick pieces of crap.....Sea Rayder F16XR2 jetboat.

Want the truth?

Larry
--
Please - Turn OFF cruise control when
you turn on windshield wipers!

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:29:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

It was moderately rough ... maybe 2-3 foot chop on top of swells. He got
the boat up on plane and has we hit a wave and came down with a thud, the
whole boat quaked like Jell-O. The owner didn't seem to notice, but every
time we hit a chop or swell and the bow crashed back down, I felt the boat
go through this Jell-O-like quaking and shivering.

If the boat has been run hard in conditions like that for over ten
years it is likely beginning to show some signs of wear and tear.
SeaRays have some nice features, and the newer ones are using quality
hardware, but they are really not designed or built to bang through 3
footers for any length of time.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:29:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

It was moderately rough ... maybe 2-3 foot chop on top of swells. He got
the boat up on plane and has we hit a wave and came down with a thud, the
whole boat quaked like Jell-O. The owner didn't seem to notice, but every
time we hit a chop or swell and the bow crashed back down, I felt the boat
go through this Jell-O-like quaking and shivering.

If the boat has been run hard in conditions like that for over ten
years it is likely beginning to show some signs of wear and tear.
SeaRays have some nice features, and the newer ones are using quality
hardware, but they are really not designed or built to bang through 3
footers for any length of time.

But don't you think that a 30+ foot boat with twin 7.4L Mercruisers, capable
of over 30 kts. ought to be?

Eisboch

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:03:37 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

But don't you think that a 30+ foot boat with twin 7.4L Mercruisers, capable
of over 30 kts. ought to be?

Hard to say. There are lots of boats being sold with good speed
potential that are not really designed for heavy conditions. Going 30
kts through 3+ footers is tough going for anything but a sportfish or
offshore racing hull. Same boat in 1 footers, which is probably
closer to how most people use them, is a different story. Once a boat
goes airborn off a wave it's going to thump things around when it
lands.

91 searay overheats [email protected] Cruising 2 July 15th 07 01:26 PM
Searay 268 owners Cindy General 8 December 27th 06 02:20 PM
96 searay or 97 cobia Jake General 1 June 18th 06 09:36 PM
Searay ??? Bob La Londe Cruising 1 June 27th 05 03:06 AM
WTB: Searay dashplates BOhlemache Cruising 0 January 28th 05 03:59 AM