Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default SeaRay

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:29:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

It was moderately rough ... maybe 2-3 foot chop on top of swells. He got
the boat up on plane and has we hit a wave and came down with a thud, the
whole boat quaked like Jell-O. The owner didn't seem to notice, but every
time we hit a chop or swell and the bow crashed back down, I felt the boat
go through this Jell-O-like quaking and shivering.

If the boat has been run hard in conditions like that for over ten
years it is likely beginning to show some signs of wear and tear.
SeaRays have some nice features, and the newer ones are using quality
hardware, but they are really not designed or built to bang through 3
footers for any length of time.

But don't you think that a 30+ foot boat with twin 7.4L Mercruisers, capable
of over 30 kts. ought to be?

Eisboch