Corsair23 Corsair23 is offline

Default SeaRay

It was moderately rough ... maybe 2-3 foot chop on top of swells.

A friend of mine was left his Dads 48 footer, and he told me through
10+ foot chop, the thing was a rock. Twin 502's in it. Wish I could've
had a ride...... He was involved in a serious accident, and couldnt
afford the maintenance for the boat. Ended up selling it for $300,000

He got the boat up on plane and has we hit a wave and came down
with a thud, the whole boat quaked like Jell-O.

I can make an estimated 12 miles an hour in 4' chop in my old Chris.
The listed speed is a guess ( no gps yet..), but there comes a point
in which the boat becomes smoother relating to speed, relating to chop
size. We went out the other day, and at WOT, the boat had the coolest
sensation of a veeeeery slow forward roll.