Jake

Default 96 searay or 97 cobia

I'm looking for my first boat (well, I always took care of my parents) but
now I'm on my own and want to get my own boat. I took a power squadrons
class 11 years ago at the age of 15, So I have some experiance.

I'm looking at 2 boats, What should I look for?

Here's the cobia
http://chicago.craigslist.org/boa/172665826.html
(I havent really heard anything GREAT about force)

Here's the SEaray
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/7/84142867.htm
The motor doesnt look like a merc (arnt they black)

TIA

Jake

Ron

"Jake" jm101 at wiu dot edu wrote in
:

I'm looking for my first boat (well, I always took care of my parents)
but now I'm on my own and want to get my own boat. I took a power
squadrons class 11 years ago at the age of 15, So I have some
experiance.

I'm looking at 2 boats, What should I look for?

Here's the cobia
http://chicago.craigslist.org/boa/172665826.html
(I havent really heard anything GREAT about force)

Here's the SEaray
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/7/84142867.htm
The motor doesnt look like a merc (arnt they black)

TIA

Jake

As a first time boat owner who just bought a bowrider the two seem
similar so 3500 wins over 6000 ! Around Vancouver island/Vancouver, BC

$6000 Can boats were late 80's vintage.

If thats what boats sell for back east it might have been almost worth
travelling... almost but not quite :-)
good luck
Ron