Default Speaking of New Boats...

The wife has decided. The Triumph is out of the question now. She and I
both liked the Scout better. We'll be moving to NC in about a year and a
half, and this looks to be easily towable to various lakes and the ocean.
Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/27277t

or

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/185sportfish.html

The transom isn't open, but I'm hoping it will be pretty safe anyway.
--
John H

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:38:33 -0500, John H.
wrote:

The wife has decided. The Triumph is out of the question now. She and I
both liked the Scout better. We'll be moving to NC in about a year and a
half, and this looks to be easily towable to various lakes and the ocean.
Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/27277t

or

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/185sportfish.html

The transom isn't open, but I'm hoping it will be pretty safe anyway.

Nice boat.

Although you could have had my Ranger for less money. :)

I like the Scout model line - nice lines and the interior layout is
very well thought out.

I would, though, take a look at Polar in this same model class.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/Graphic...1900sunset.jpg

The more I see them, the more I am impressed with the whole Polar
concept.
Senior Member

On Aug 19, 2:52 pm, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:57:41 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:

The wife has decided. The Triumph is out of the question now. She and I
both liked the Scout better. We'll be moving to NC in about a year and a
half, and this looks to be easily towable to various lakes and the ocean.
Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/27277t

or

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/185sportfish.html

The transom isn't open, but I'm hoping it will be pretty safe anyway.

Nice boat. I like the proud sweep in the bow. I see a lot of boats in
that size and configuration/function that would look so much nicer
with a little sweep like that in the bow. The last 20 footer I lofted
out had a nice sweep like that..... Oh, and a motor well with the 18
inch bracket, 2 1/2 feet forward of the transom

wrote:

The wife has decided. The Triumph is out of the question now. She and I
both liked the Scout better. We'll be moving to NC in about a year and a
half, and this looks to be easily towable to various lakes and the ocean.
Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/27277t

or

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/185sportfish.html

The transom isn't open, but I'm hoping it will be pretty safe anyway.

Nice boat.

Although you could have had my Ranger for less money. :)

I like the Scout model line - nice lines and the interior layout is
very well thought out.

I would, though, take a look at Polar in this same model class.

http://www.godfreymarine.com/Graphic...1900sunset.jpg

The more I see them, the more I am impressed with the whole Polar
concept.

I like the Polar boats, but the smallest CC is the 19'er, but it's bigger
than I want. I want something that I can easily pop onto a trailer hitch
and take off with. I *don't* want something requiring trailer brakes, which
I'm afraid that extra weight may require. The Polar doesn't have the fancy
seating of the Scout, and that was a must for the wife, who is thinking of
grandkids visiting!
--
John H

wrote:

The wife has decided. The Triumph is out of the question now. She and I
both liked the Scout better. We'll be moving to NC in about a year and a
half, and this looks to be easily towable to various lakes and the ocean.
Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/27277t

or

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/185sportfish.html

The transom isn't open, but I'm hoping it will be pretty safe anyway.

Nice boat. I like the proud sweep in the bow. I see a lot of boats in
that size and configuration/function that would look so much nicer
with a little sweep like that in the bow. The last 20 footer I lofted
out had a nice sweep like that..... Oh, and a motor well with the 18
inch bracket, 2 1/2 feet forward of the transom

I just really liked the looks of the Scout. And, I loved the way it road.
We were only on the Potomac River, which was flat, but the boat handled
nicely.
--
John H

"John H." wrote in message

I just really liked the looks of the Scout. And, I loved the way it *road*
We were only on the Potomac River, which was flat, but the boat handled
nicely.
--
John H

Wouldn't that be *rode*?

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"John H." wrote in message
I just really liked the looks of the Scout. And, I loved the way it *road*
We were only on the Potomac River, which was flat, but the boat handled
nicely.
--
John H

Wouldn't that be *rode*?

What? Someone took Herring for a boat "road"?

wrote:

[...]

If the wife is thinking of grandkids visiting on the boat. 18' is too
small. I have a 21' and figure it is good for only 6 people comfortably.

wrote:

[...]

Also..........no privacy area for a porta potty. I doubt his wife will be
joining him on the boat.

HK HK is offline

JimH wrote:

wrote:
[...]

The SeaPro 186 cc is a lot more boat for the money, as is the SeaPro
1900 "Bay" boat.