Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Speaking of new boats...

I got a up close and personal look at the new Ranger Z21 in both
configurations - single and dual console - today.

I like the look of the dual console boat, but the single console looks
a bit off putting. After staring at the two boats for about a half
hour, I finally figured it out.

The Z21 is the new "reimaged" top-of-the-line Euro styled Ranger bass
boat. The console looks like something right off a Suzuki or Yamaha
motor cycle - very styled, but in the single console version, it looks
unbalanced. The dual console setup doesn't make the futuristic style
look strange tacked on the side of the interior. Just my opinon.

The driver's console is also something that I'm not sure I like. It
has the brushed stainless style, white faced guages that I don't
really care for in cars, much less boats. If any of you have ever
seen a older Bugatti or Ferrari with the instruments surrounded by
metal, that's exactly what it looks like except for the white faced
instruments.

The ones I looked at were powered by 250 Evinrude E-TECs which I
imagine can make this type boat sit up and go. The business side of
the hull (meaning that part that meets the water) has been redesigned.
I can see that there is a difference between this model 21 footer and
last year's, but without measuring lift strakes, angles and such I
can't tell you what. I have it on good authority that this model boat
is capable of 80 mph plus, but I haven't experienced that directly.

This spring, it's on my agenda to take one of these things for a ride.
A long ride. :)

Later,

Tom