Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Speaking of New Boats...

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:07:27 -0000, wrote:

On Aug 19, 2:52 pm, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:57:41 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing

wrote:
On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 16:38:33 -0500, John H.
wrote:

The wife has decided. The Triumph is out of the question now. She and
both liked the Scout better. We'll be moving to NC in about a year and
half, and this looks to be easily towable to various lakes and the
ocean.
Any comments?

http://tinyurl.com/27277t

or

http://www.scoutboats.com/models/185sportfish.html

The transom isn't open, but I'm hoping it will be pretty safe anyway.

Nice boat. I like the proud sweep in the bow. I see a lot of boats in
that size and configuration/function that would look so much nicer
with a little sweep like that in the bow. The last 20 footer I lofted
out had a nice sweep like that..... Oh, and a motor well with the 18
inch bracket, 2 1/2 feet forward of the transom

I just really liked the looks of the Scout. And, I loved the way it road.
We were only on the Potomac River, which was flat, but the boat handled
nicely.
--
John H

If the wife is thinking of grandkids visiting on the boat. 18' is too
small. I have a 21' and figure it is good for only 6 people comfortably.