Default Still a big demand for big $$$ boating.....

Here ya go, NOYB. This is literally right down your alley in Naples.

(wait, they probably don't have alleys in Naples).....anyway:

ABC ACTION NEWS REPORTS ON PROPERTY That's MAKING PROFITS REVEALING
GROWING DEMAND FOR BOAT SLIPS in florida

Leading the Trend is Yacht Clubs of the Americas With More Than 450
Wet Slips

and 4,000 Dry Slips For Sale

Fort Myers, FL (May 17, 2007) – There is a hot, new real estate
development heating up Florida's coastlines that has more to do with
water than dry land. The steady, growing demand for private boat
slips is creating a new category in the real estate market that is
adding fuel to an otherwise sluggish market.

ABC Action News in Tampa reports that this is prime waterfront real
estate in Florida and that even in the boom of 2005, premier wet slips
bucked appreciation trends of traditional single family homes. As the
growing demand for boat slips fuels marina sales, investors and
boaters are hopping on board for permanent ownership of waterway
access.

At the forefront of this boom is Yacht Clubs of the Americas (YCOA), a
premier network of luxury private yacht clubs featuring Dry
Rackominiums™ and Wet Dockominiums™ for purchase with five-star
concierge service. The company boasts a growing network of properties
in popular ports-of-call including Key West, Ft. Meyers, Sanibel,
Naples, Tampa, Stuart, New Smyrna and Ft. George (Jacksonville). In
addition, ownership entitles members to reciprocal privileges at Grand
Bahamas Yacht Club, an affiliated YCOA location.

With waterfront property and boat storage at high-demand with limited
commodity, YCOA brings welcome relief to the more than one million
registered boaters in Florida as well as potential investors.

The scarcity of marina slips has them fetching top dollar in
investment circles. According to state-certified general appraisers,
wet and dry slips appreciated an average of 35% per year for the past
eight years.* As demand continues to out pace supply, YCOA ownership
allows for building of equity in a rapidly dwindling resource.

"We are losing around 2,500 a slips a year," says Steeven Knight,
founder of YCOA.

Over the years, the number of boats in Florida has increased as the
number of slips has decreased. The reason is many small, and formerly
independent marinas, are unable to produce the revenue necessary to
justify their use of waterfront property. As a result, these marinas
are being purchased by large development companies and turned into
residential communities. In addition, hazardous weather has destroyed
hundreds of slips, and environmental and regulatory land use
restrictions have further reduced available supplies.

YCOA is ensuring that their properties can never become something
other than a marina. The company's mission is to preserve the future
for the next boating generation by locking down the slips as a deeded
asset expected to appreciate. Those who spend between $130,000 and
$250,00 for a Dry Rackominium™ or $210,000 to more than one million
for a Wet Dockominium™ will become part owners of the property, a
system using the same legal set-up as a condominium association. The
site could only be sold if 80 percent of the owners agree.

YCOA founder Steeven Knight began to work on the YCOA business model
in 2004 when he found himself one of a growing number of boat owners
who couldn't find a permanent slip for his vessel. Since then, he has
steered some $300+ million in funding to YCOA with plans to raise even
more capital in the coming months. Knight's goal is to have a YCOA
five-star facility every 200 to 300 miles around the state and
eventually the Eastern Seaboard. He plans to grow YCOA into the
country's largest private network of marinas stretching from Florida
to East Hampton, Cancun, Mexico and the Bahamas.

"As the network grows, members can sail from one YCOA location to
another where there is a uniform emphasis on luxury and quality
service," said Knight. "I strongly believe the boating world is ready
for a branded port of call like YCOA," declares Knight.

In addition, YCOA is setting a new standard in the boating lifestyle.
Owners benefit from the unparalleled amenities of a yacht club
atmosphere, which features a martini/cigar lounge, waterfront cocktail
bars, tiki hut barbeque, spa, fitness center, swimming pool, saunas,
gourmet deli and coffee lounge.

With increasing pressures on time, many executives are looking to YCOA
to take the workload out of boating. The USA Today reports that
boaters from inland cities spend about $147 on fuel, food and lodging
each time they drive to a waterfront city to use their boat. In
addition, about three hours is wasted on the work necessary to get the
boat in and out of the water.

With one call to a YCOA dock master, owners can have their boat
waiting dockside and stocked with the requested meals and drinks
prepared specially by the resident chef. Owners can also enjoy
wholesale pricing on their fuel, food and beverages and as a result
members typically save up to 50 cents per gallon on gas.

MORE ABOUT YCOA

Located in Fort Myers, Florida, YCOA acquires and develops marina
properties and converts them into private membership yacht clubs at
which members can own slips and storage units for boats. YCOA's
vision is to preserve marinas and storage for the boating community as
well as boat dealers and manufacturers. For more information about
YCOA, contact Christian Schindler, VP of Marketing, at 239-433-9913 or
visit www.ycoa.com.

*This is an historical account of the appreciation of wet and dry
slips from 1997 to 2005 and shall not be construed as any guarantee
that wet and dry slips will continue to appreciate.

Thanks Again,
Dana Rhoden
President
The Dana Agency
Phone: 786-768-2477
Fax: 786.228.0169
Cell: 305.803.4079
Email:
www.thedanaagency.com

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
ups.com...
Here ya go, NOYB. This is literally right down your alley in Naples.

(wait, they probably don't have alleys in Naples).....anyway:

ABC ACTION NEWS REPORTS ON PROPERTY That's MAKING PROFITS REVEALING
GROWING DEMAND FOR BOAT SLIPS in florida

Leading the Trend is Yacht Clubs of the Americas With More Than 450
Wet Slips

and 4,000 Dry Slips For Sale

No question..... there will always be lots of people able & willing to pay
whatever expense boating costs.
Trouble is..in some areas, it may revert to the sport of kings & the landed
gentry. All the common folk will have to be content trailering their modest
boats back & forth to the waters edge. Since we're always about 7 to 10
years behind the states in this type of cultural shift, I should be good in
my area for as long as I want to boat. :-)

On 17 May 2007 12:44:11 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

Those who spend between $130,000 and
$250,00 for a Dry Rackominium™ or $210,000 to more than one million
for a Wet Dockominium™ will become part owners of the property

This is nuts in my opinion.

Across the river from Ft Myers, and a few miles up river from Sanibel,
you can still buy a decent 1/4 acre waterfront lot for about $500K.
For another $30K you can build a dock big enough for an 80 footer, and
you actually own something other than a hole in the water. You might
even get a rental house thrown in for more or less nothing.

On Thu, 17 May 2007 16:25:32 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

you can still buy a decent 1/4 acre waterfront lot for about $500K.

Jeezum and I thought land values around here were ridiculous.
HK HK is offline

wrote:

you can still buy a decent 1/4 acre waterfront lot for about $500K.

Jeezum and I thought land values around here were ridiculous.

You ever been down there? It's hot as Hades from April through October,
not fit for human habitation. Humid, hot, hurricaneville. There are many
far better places in Florida that offer ocean or gulf front
opportunities for far less money, and some of those areas are actually
livable in the summer.

RCE RCE is offline

I have a new slip neighboor for the summer. He has an older Fortier 26
(interesting boat, BTW)
and it's his first boat that requires a slip. Previously he trailered a
smaller Boston Whaler.

Anyway, he was telling me that when he bought the boat, he called around to
every marina on or near Cape Cod looking for a slip without success. He
finally found one at the marina we are at, mainly because the previous
occupant of the slip took off for parts unknown. The slip is for up to a
55 footer ... and he leased it for the summer. Usually, you have to pay for
the slip capacity (55 feet), but the marina cut him some slack and
discounted it a bit.

Slips are very difficult to get here in the NE.

Eisboch

RCE RCE is offline

"RCE" wrote in message

I have a new slip neighboor for the summer. He has an older Fortier 26
(interesting boat, BTW)
and it's his first boat that requires a slip. Previously he trailered a
smaller Boston Whaler.

Anyway, he was telling me that when he bought the boat, he called around
to every marina on or near Cape Cod looking for a slip without success.
He finally found one at the marina we are at, mainly because the previous
occupant of the slip took off for parts unknown. The slip is for up to a
55 footer ... and he leased it for the summer. Usually, you have to pay
for the slip capacity (55 feet), but the marina cut him some slack and
discounted it a bit.

Slips are very difficult to get here in the NE.

Eisboch

heh .... "neighboor?" spell check must be sleeping.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
you can still buy a decent 1/4 acre waterfront lot for about $500K.

Jeezum and I thought land values around here were ridiculous.

In Kalifornia that same lot would be worth oh, $5-mil, wouldn't it?

That is seeing it's been said that the cost of living is 10 times
higher on the left coast....

wrote:
you can still buy a decent 1/4 acre waterfront lot for about $500K.

Jeezum and I thought land values around here were ridiculous.

In Kalifornia that same lot would be worth oh, $5-mil, wouldn't it?

That is seeing it's been said that the cost of living is 10 times
higher on the left coast....

At the rate for a 1/4 acre in Florida, my property would be worth
$646,000,000.

HOLY S**T!!
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:
you can still buy a decent 1/4 acre waterfront lot for about $500K.

Jeezum and I thought land values around here were ridiculous.

In Kalifornia that same lot would be worth oh, $5-mil, wouldn't it?

That is seeing it's been said that the cost of living is 10 times
higher on the left coast....

At the rate for a 1/4 acre in Florida, my property would be worth
$646,000,000.

HOLY S**T!!

Just think! You could sell out and invest in concrete futures!

Group claims PWC sales up, accidents down, and gas prices not reducing boating activity Chuck Gould General 0 August 31st 06 11:38 PM
Safer Boating RT Boat Building 7 April 27th 06 11:25 PM
Safer Boating RT Cruising 5 April 27th 06 11:55 AM
Boating Safer RT General 0 April 26th 06 05:05 PM