RT

Default Boating Safer

Group,

I am new to this group and wanted to intro at the beginning of this
boating season. There are many hidden water hazards out there so this
is just a note to remind you to be careful, keep the "recreational
mind set" under control.

I have recently formed the group that is known by it's acronym, SAFER
BOATING. That said, the organization is properly named Safe,
Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Recreational (SAFER) Boating. The
purpose of this organization is to establish appropriate, economical
but much needed higher standards for all Recreational Watercraft. In
short, eventually if the watercraft has not been inspected and
certified by SAFER, we will not consider it a safe vessel. This
organization will not be a "front" group for boating and boat
accessory or after market boating products.

The web site is under construction, accessible by the end of fall. In
the interim we invite you to participate in our newly established
discussion group on goggle, under the groups heading under this
organizations name in the recreational category. We are currently
focused on "Propeller Strikes" but we will pursue other areas of
SAFER BOATING in the near future. The only other injury we have ever
seen that is as grotesque and disfiguring as well as life altering,
almost always ending in death, is a full body burn or war injury.
Propeller Strike injuries are so easily preventable for a minimum
amount of money.

I lobby for the reform of recreational boating when I am in my
Washington DC office each month. I need additional information about
any tragic boating event. Thus if you see one, know of one or are
involved in one, please let me know. Better yet, if you happen to have
caught the incident on film or video, please forward and with your
permission I will post on the web site after it comes up. We are also
interested in capturing film or video of boaters that are operating
or allowing unsafe activities happen within their zone of operation.
Even Recreational Boating, the last frontier of unregulated personal
activity (or so it is claimed) should remain fun....but safe as well. I
know many will disagree, but you can be safe and still have fun
boating...and that is what this is all about...SAFER BOATING!

The information provided would assist greatly when continuing efforts
are made to convince the federal regulatory agency and the congress
that something must be done to prevent exposed propeller strikes as
well as other necessary reforms in boating.

I am also a Legal Investigator with operations out of Dana Point, Ca
92629 as well. As an investigator I have witnessed the tragic
consequences and detailed the evidence in boating accidents. The
carnage, if unable to be eliminated must be dramatically mitigated in
the next few years.

If you have already become involved in a tragic boating accident and If
legal counsel represents you, please advise him/her of this contact. If
litigation is planned or in fact proceeding, we will welcome his/her
contact; indeed we might have information that will be helpful to the
litigation. They are welcome to contact me via email or through my web
site as indicated, rhtownsend.com. Please advise if counsel does not
represent you as well. I hope that you will feel free to contact me. I
will be available to answer any of your questions as directly and
honestly as I can.

Very truly yours,

RobertTownsend,CLI