Default Gas prices and power boating

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:36:56 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
Which do you think adds more, Donnie, Harry's denigrating personal attacks
or Chuck's boating posts?

That's not the point John..and you know it.

It's exactly the point.
Tim Tim is offline

Don't know what it will be at the docks, but street price locally is
$2.87-2.99 today

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 29 Apr 2007 06:06:49 -0700, wf3h wrote:

Some folks are speculating that gas can hit $4/gallon this year. Fuel
dock prices could shoot above $5. Any idea at what point people will
just stop boating? This is a form of the 'luxury' tax a few years ago
that collapsed the yacht makers. why WOULDN'T gas prices have the same
effect?

That's a good point. Personally, I think last year the market tested
$3/g and pretty quickly backed off that because demand dropped
significantly.

They are certainly going to try it again this year, but I can't see it
moving up much past $3/g again without demand dropping. After the 75%
runup over the past two years (with Katrina being the excuse), the
average joe on the street isn't going to have much left over after
going to work and paying for food, the mortgage and other expenses.

It's interesting that some in the professional services industries,
like orthodontic dentists, dentists and even doctors are seeing a
decrease in their gross incomes because the average schmoe can't
afford a co-pay even. Trades people are even feeling it because their
prices have had to increase due to energy and compensation insurance
increases.

You have to remember that the real rate of inflation this year
(including food/energy/services) is about 13% and it could go higher.
That alone is certainly going to impact boating, never mind fuel
costs.

And now, speaking of boating, I'm done and gone. Gonig out to get
some drive time on a twin diesel Topaz. Gotta learn the ins and outs
of this twin inboard stuff if I'm going to buy Eisboch's Navigator.
:) [1]

WHOO HOO!!!

[1] Not that I'm going to buy Eisboch's Navigator, but in this life
and with me in charge, you never know. :)