Default U.S. Coast Guard Makes Biggest Cocaine Bust in U.S. History

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:13:01 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
.. .

"JimH" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JimH" wrote in message

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in
message ...
In message
ups.com, Tim
sprach forth the following:

Your tax dollars at work!

Who cares if someone is hurting themselves?

Because drug use often results in crimes on others to obtain money
to support the habit, especially with hard drugs like cocaine.

Quiz time, Jim. Think about violence related to the manufacture,
transport and sale of alcoholic beverages. When is the last time you
heard of that kind of violence SPECIFICALLY related to booze?

That has nothing to do with Fred's question. Nice try.

It has everything to do with it. But, I'm not surprised you missed it.
Hint: Forget the words "drug use" and think about the word "crimes".
Or, substitute "violence".

If you do not see the correlation between hard drug use and crimes
against others that is your problem Joe. The subject of the thread has
to do with cocaine, not alcohol.

I *DO* see the connection you mentioned. But, you must've been asleep in
high school when the math teacher was discussing set theory.

Joe, you are as predictable as the sun rise including your need to turn a
thread OT and to fill it with insults and personal attacks. I choose
therefore not to discuss this any further with you.

You opened the door for this. You stepped through the door.

Yeah, but he's losing. Careful or he'll pretend to killfile you.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:50:49 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
. ..

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message ups.com,
Tim
sprach forth the following:

Your tax dollars at work!

Who cares if someone is hurting themselves?

Because drug use often results in crimes on others to obtain money to
support the habit, especially with hard drugs like cocaine.

Quiz time, Jim. Think about violence related to the manufacture, transport
and sale of alcoholic beverages. When is the last time you heard of that
kind of violence SPECIFICALLY related to booze?

I'd say that the high incidence of drunk driving accidents and
associated mayhem and deaths, in addition to the health problems
associated with alcohol are pretty violent, wouldn't you?

Yes, but they have nothing to do with the marketing of purchase of alcohol.
Unless you're hallucinating, you have not heard of liquor wholesalers
murdering each other to gain market share.

"Duke Nukem" wrote in message
On 24 Apr 2007 14:45:16 GMT, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:

In message , JimH sprach
forth the following:

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message ups.com,
Tim sprach forth the following:

Your tax dollars at work!

Who cares if someone is hurting themselves?

Because drug use often results in crimes on others to obtain money to
support the habit, especially with hard drugs like cocaine.

Oh, you mean like what happened during alcohol prohibition? Ending
prohibition ended the crime associated with it.

Really?

Or do you mean that making illegal alcohol legal stopped the crime of
making and marketing illegal alcohol?

If so, wow - that's deep.

Genius level reasoning.

You did not see anyone say that, and your sentence (beginning with "Or do
you") makes no sense at all.

Senior Member

On Apr 23, 11:09 pm, Tim wrote:
Your tax dollars at work!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=29...C-RSSFeeds0312

Oooops, someone didn't get paid.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:15:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

.. .
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:50:49 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

You didn't say anything about marketing distributors - you said
violence related to. Liguour stores are easy targets for robbers,
they certainly cater to alcohol abusers (which, despite academic
denials to the contrary is a big contributor to domestic violence) and
in general serve no further purpose than distributing a drug to the
general populace.

I might also point out that up until recently (say within the past ten
years or so), beer advertising, while not engaged in direct violent
imagery, certainly encouraged drinking to excess.

"The one beer to have when your having more than one" comes to mind
immediately - there are other examples.

On 24 Apr 2007 16:48:54 GMT, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:

In message , Duke Nukem
sprach forth the following:

On 24 Apr 2007 14:45:16 GMT, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:

In message , JimH sprach
forth the following:

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
In message ups.com,
Tim sprach forth the following:

Your tax dollars at work!

Who cares if someone is hurting themselves?

Because drug use often results in crimes on others to obtain money to
support the habit, especially with hard drugs like cocaine.

Oh, you mean like what happened during alcohol prohibition? Ending
prohibition ended the crime associated with it.

Really?

Or do you mean that making illegal alcohol legal stopped the crime of
making and marketing illegal alcohol?

If so, wow - that's deep.

Genius level reasoning.

Go suck a Tommy Gun, ********.

Ah yes - the last refuge of the true intellectual - gutter language.

Your mother must be proud.

On 24 Apr 2007 16:49:38 GMT, "Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute"
wrote:

In message , Short Wave
Sportfishing sprach forth the following:

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:50:49 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
.. .

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in
message ...
In message
ups.com, Tim
sprach forth the following:

Your tax dollars at work!

Who cares if someone is hurting themselves?

Because drug use often results in crimes on others to obtain money to
support the habit, especially with hard drugs like cocaine.

Quiz time, Jim. Think about violence related to the manufacture,
transport and sale of alcoholic beverages. When is the last time you
heard of that kind of violence SPECIFICALLY related to booze?

I'd say that the high incidence of drunk driving accidents and
associated mayhem and deaths, in addition to the health problems
associated with alcohol are pretty violent, wouldn't you?

So you endorse reinstatement of the 18th Amendment?

In a way I do, yes.

For instance, I would like to see life imprisonment for anybody
convicted of driving drunk (or impaired by other means/drugs) where a
life is lost. Minimum two year mandatory suspension of driving
privileges for first conviction of DUI. If you need a car to work,
tough - find a ride. If you drive for a living, find something else.

I could go on, but I won't.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:15:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

. ..
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 12:50:49 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

1) I shouldn't have implied marketing violence without being more specific
about it.

2) You and I should not continue this branch of the discussion. My intuition
says we're getting too close to something, and I understand completely.

Capisce?

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:36:39 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

2) You and I should not continue this branch of the discussion. My intuition
says we're getting too close to something, and I understand completely.

Capisce?

10-4
Tim Tim is offline

On Apr 24, 8:24 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JimH" wrote in message
. ..

"Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute" wrote in message
. ..
In oglegroups.com,
Tim
sprach forth the following:

Your tax dollars at work!

Who cares if someone is hurting themselves?

Because drug use often results in crimes on others to obtain money to
support the habit, especially with hard drugs like cocaine.

Quiz time, Jim. Think about violence related to the manufacture,
transport and sale of alcoholic beverages. When is the last time you
heard of that kind of violence SPECIFICALLY related to booze?

That has nothing to do with Fred's question. Nice try.

It has everything to do with it. But, I'm not surprised you missed it. Hint:
Forget the words "drug use" and think about the word "crimes". Or,
substitute "violence".- Hide quoted text -

for crying out loud. It's an article about the USCG hauling the bigest
drug bust they've ever had. 20 tons of coke!

I'm really amazed that the smugglers had the cargo sitting right on
the top for all the world to see.

that's brazenly foolish.