Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Sold the Scout - new twist

Guy came by, checked out the Scout and hauled it away at about 6 pm. He
paid for it, some cash and the bulk with a bank check from a local bank. He
seemed very knowledgeable about boats and claimed he had a commercial
fishing. He indicated that he was buying the boat for a relative to do some
coastal fishing. He also indicated he was not sure who the boat would be
titled or registered to yet ... he mentioned possibly his mother ... so we
left the buyer's name blank on the title.

I received an e-mail later this evening from another guy who had been
interested in the boat.
He told me the boat I sold was now listed on the Rhode Island Craigslist for
significantly more money than I sold it for. I checked, and sure enough,
it's there, off the trailer and in what appears to be a boatyard, surrounded
by other boats. The location was given as MA and the wording of the listing
sure sounds like that of a boat dealer. The listing time was sometime around
7:30 pm, or an hour and a half after he left my yard.

Looks like the buyer is either a dealer or he decided to try to "flip" the
boat to make some money. My first thought was "scam", but I doubt his bank
check is phony because I know how to get hold of him and I know his
location. Interesting.

Eisboch

Sold the Scout Eisboch General 36 March 30th 07 02:48 AM
Scout messed up! Frank Boettcher ASA 3 October 17th 06 09:17 AM
Last remaining White Star Line vessel to be sold for scrap Katzowtadbag Tall Ships 0 December 30th 05 01:36 AM
used sail material needed for scout projects seascoutleader Boat Building 3 October 6th 04 01:36 AM
FS: O'Day in NY, SOLD Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 9th 04 12:26 PM