RCE RCE is offline

Default Sold the Scout - new twist

"D.Duck" wrote in message

Richard,

That is your boat.

Go to this URL and you'll see the same pix from Craig's list.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1604297/0

I'll bet the guy that's offering it on Craig's list just used the pictures
in his add.

Sorry my buddy in RI didn't recognize a real bargain and wanted you to
have the motor serviced.

Oh well, our loss.

No, he did the right thing. I would have done the same. The problem was me
..... I offered an unusual type of sale and frankly didn't think it was going
to sell like that. The idea of a dealer or "flipper" never crossed my mind
until somebody told me the boat showed up again on the list later.

Your friend was watching out for your interests and that's a good thing.

Eisboch

RCE RCE is offline

"John H." wrote in message

Perhaps he just liked the way you wrote!
--

Maybe being a boat flipper is in my future?

Eisboch

RCE wrote:
"D.Duck" wrote in message

Richard,

That is your boat.

Go to this URL and you'll see the same pix from Craig's list.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1604297/0

I'll bet the guy that's offering it on Craig's list just used the pictures
in his add.

Sorry my buddy in RI didn't recognize a real bargain and wanted you to
have the motor serviced.

Oh well, our loss.

No, he did the right thing. I would have done the same. The problem was me
.... I offered an unusual type of sale and frankly didn't think it was going
to sell like that. The idea of a dealer or "flipper" never crossed my mind
until somebody told me the boat showed up again on the list later.

Your friend was watching out for your interests and that's a good thing.

Eisboch

Maybe I missed your answer...did you advertise in a regional CRAIGs or
is there a national CRAIGs?

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:02:50 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message
.. .

Is this it? http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/302194139.html

Yup. Except that on close inspection the pics are not of my boat. There are
a few minor differences plus the fact that there's no way he could have left
my house after 6pm, as dusk was approaching, trailered it to a boatyard, got
it off the trailer and taken pictures in broad daylight both on blocks and
in the water by 7:48pm which is the time of the Providence posting.

That's what is really weird, because the description of the boat and
electronics, including the 23 engine hours, *exactly* matches my boat.
Also, when he was here he commented on how "economical" the Yamaha 200 hp 4
stroke was .... the same words used in the listing.

Eisboch

Perhaps he just liked the way you wrote!
--
***** Hope your day is better than decent! *****

John H
RCE RCE is offline

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Maybe I missed your answer...did you advertise in a regional CRAIGs or is
there a national CRAIGs?

Sorry ... I thought you were asking that of Shortwave.

I listed it in the Boston (actually south of Boston) region. Anybody can
access any region, worldwide.

That's the whole concept of Craigslist. It's supposed to be a way to locate
items nearby in the case of the buyer and, for the seller, helps eliminate
some of the scam artists by emphasizing local deals.

Eisboch

"RCE" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Maybe I missed your answer...did you advertise in a regional CRAIGs or is
there a national CRAIGs?

Sorry ... I thought you were asking that of Shortwave.

I listed it in the Boston (actually south of Boston) region. Anybody can
access any region, worldwide.

That's the whole concept of Craigslist. It's supposed to be a way to
locate items nearby in the case of the buyer and, for the seller, helps
eliminate some of the scam artists by emphasizing local deals.

Eisboch

I emailed the guy advertising "your" boat on Craig's List. I asked him if
it was the same rig with the exact same pictures that is advertised on
YachtWorld.com.

Funny thing, no reply. 8)

Dan Dan is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

Is this it? http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/302194139.html

Yup. Except that on close inspection the pics are not of my boat. There are
a few minor differences plus the fact that there's no way he could have left
my house after 6pm, as dusk was approaching, trailered it to a boatyard, got
it off the trailer and taken pictures in broad daylight both on blocks and
in the water by 7:48pm which is the time of the Providence posting.

That's what is really weird, because the description of the boat and
electronics, including the 23 engine hours, *exactly* matches my boat.
Also, when he was here he commented on how "economical" the Yamaha 200 hp 4
stroke was .... the same words used in the listing.

Eisboch

The bottom paint is also intact. Still a hell of a coincidence!

Dan

"Dan" wrote in message
.. .
Eisboch wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message

Is this it? http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/302194139.html

Yup. Except that on close inspection the pics are not of my boat. There
are a few minor differences plus the fact that there's no way he could
have left my house after 6pm, as dusk was approaching, trailered it to a
boatyard, got it off the trailer and taken pictures in broad daylight
both on blocks and in the water by 7:48pm which is the time of the
Providence posting.

That's what is really weird, because the description of the boat and
electronics, including the 23 engine hours, *exactly* matches my boat.
Also, when he was here he commented on how "economical" the Yamaha 200 hp
4 stroke was .... the same words used in the listing.

Eisboch

The bottom paint is also intact. Still a hell of a coincidence!

Dan

Here's where the pictures came from for the ad on craigslist.com.

"D.Duck" wrote in message

I emailed the guy advertising "your" boat on Craig's List. I asked him if
it was the same rig with the exact same pictures that is advertised on
YachtWorld.com.

Funny thing, no reply. 8)

I also emailed him at the address he originally contacted me with. Surprise
.... no answer.
I have his phone number .... but what's the point .... what's done is done.
If he's a dealer, which I now suspect, he didn't do anything illegal. I
think he was a bit dishonest and shady in the manner in which he represented
himself to me but I have to ask myself this:

If he had been up front and told me he was a dealer and intended to resell
the boat the boat, would it have made any difference to me? The answer is
no. He paid my asking price. I think the only thing that bugs me is the
fact that I think I was more honest in the description of the boat's
condition and history in the original listing and on the referenced link to
my website. On the other hand, he may perform all the service and
maintenance issues the boat and engine require before selling it.

One of the other interested parties that responded to my original listing
.... in fact, the one who later discovered and informed me of the boat being
listed again on the Providence Craigslist made an offer to him.

He worded his offer as follows: "I'll give you 500 bucks more than what you
paid for it, $12,500."

Eisboch

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:15:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"D.Duck" wrote in message
m...

[...]

That's all?

Hell, I would have given you $12,000 as is when I saw it last year.

Sold the Scout Eisboch General 36 March 30th 07 02:48 AM
Scout messed up! Frank Boettcher ASA 3 October 17th 06 09:17 AM
Last remaining White Star Line vessel to be sold for scrap Katzowtadbag Tall Ships 0 December 30th 05 01:36 AM
used sail material needed for scout projects seascoutleader Boat Building 3 October 6th 04 01:36 AM
FS: O'Day in NY, SOLD Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 9th 04 12:26 PM