Default Sold the Scout

This morning, just for giggles, I listed the Scout on Craigslist with a link
to my website with current pictures. I carefully and fully explained that I
was selling it "as is" and that it had not been run for over two years.
(gave a short history of the boat). I priced it accordingly. I figured if
there were no takers, I'd get the boat detailed, buy new batteries, get the
engine serviced, etc. .... whatever it needed and then sell it, obviously
at a higher price.

Within 15 minutes my email inbox was filling with responses to the listing.
Most obviously had not bothered to read the description because they were
asking a million questions that I had already answered. One guy however had
obviously read it, is familiar with the Scout brand, recognized it was a
good deal and bought it sight unseen. Took less than an hour following the
listing. People must go to work and read Craigslist all morning at the
office. Anyway, he's coming by later this afternoon to pick it up.
Meanwhile, I had to delete the listing on Craigslist because my inbox was
dinging about once or twice a minute. Lotsa boat buyers out there right
now.

I can't believe some of the other responses. Many wanted to see the boat in
the water, go for a ride, (even though I had explained that it wasn't even
registered) and a couple asked if the price was "negotiable". I had
priced it at approximately one half of its current market value. Everyone
wants a "deal".

Ok. Now the fleet is down to two boats. Now to get rid of some cars so I
have room for some more stuff. I drive myself crazy.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Congratulations! Craigslist is a pretty impressive internet selling
tool............especially since it's free. ;-)

"JimH" wrote in message

Congratulations! Craigslist is a pretty impressive internet selling
tool............especially since it's free. ;-)

It really is. I've purchased two classic cars that were listed on it and
have sold a motorcycle and now the boat on it. It works and is easy to use.

Eisboch

"John H." wrote in message

Before you sell all the autos, let us know what's happening!
--

Go to the website and take your pick. (The General Lee is gone).

http://www.eisboch.com/

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"John H." wrote in message

Before you sell all the autos, let us know what's happening!
--

Go to the website and take your pick. (The General Lee is gone).

http://www.eisboch.com/

Eisboch

Since JohnH is stuck in a 50's mindset regarding the environment, that '55
Ford truck would be perfect for him.
It even has a Mustang engine to help him feel sporty around the high school
crowd.

"Don White" wrote in message

Since JohnH is stuck in a 50's mindset regarding the environment, that '55
Ford truck would be perfect for him.
It even has a Mustang engine to help him feel sporty around the high
school crowd.

That truck is a blast to run around in. It really ****ed me off when I
caught the door on a tree while backing it up a few weeks ago. Oh well ...
something else to fix.

Eisboch

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 15:06:49 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

[...]

Congratulations! I wish I were living down in North Carolina already. I may
have bought it, although it's bigger than I want for a lake.

Before you sell all the autos, let us know what's happening!
--
***** Hope your day is better than decent! *****

John H

"John H." wrote in message

The RV is missing!

It is?!

Lemmie check ......

Nope, not missing. It's still out there.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"John H." wrote in message

Before you sell all the autos, let us know what's happening!
--

Go to the website and take your pick. (The General Lee is gone).

http://www.eisboch.com/

Eisboch

Nice website. Beautiful collection of cars. You really are a gearhead.

Tell your wife that she has done a terrific job on the landscaping,
especially at the pool area.

Eisboch wrote:
[...]

Ahh...now you can buy my Parker and get rid of that gas-guzzling tub
that never leaves the dock!

Scout messed up! Frank Boettcher ASA 3 October 17th 06 09:17 AM
Scout beats up the drums Scout ASA 10 June 28th 06 12:06 AM
Last remaining White Star Line vessel to be sold for scrap Katzowtadbag Tall Ships 0 December 30th 05 01:36 AM
used sail material needed for scout projects seascoutleader Boat Building 3 October 6th 04 01:36 AM
FS: O'Day in NY, SOLD Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 9th 04 12:26 PM