posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships
Katzowtadbag

Default Last remaining White Star Line vessel to be sold for scrap

As some of you may know, there is an auction scheduled for January 26th, in
which the last remaining ship afloat built for the White Star Line will be
in danger of being sold for scrap.

A group is trying to appeal to the public to raise enough funds to purchase
the SS Nomadic, which served both the RMS Titanic and the RMS Olympic. Once
purhcased, she will be transported to Belfast, Ireland, where she'll be
eligible for protection on the Historic National Register. Shipbuilders
from Harland and Wolff, the company that built the Titanic, have volunteered
to help restore her once she returns.

If enough funds to bid on the her at auction aren't gathered, it is very
likely the Nomadic, built in 1911, will be sold for scrap. Hard to believe,
considering the millions of Titanic fans out there.

If you're interested in reading more about this historic vessel, or learning
how you can help, please visit:

http://www.savenomadic.com/

PS --I am merely one of the people who is offering a pledge to save the
Nomadic. I am in no way affiliated with the group raising the funds. I
feel the word isn't getting out there to the right people, and time is
running out. Please spread the word.