Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Sold the Scout - new twist

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...

Begging the question; was Craig's List magic, or was the boat so
underpriced that the email was flooding in?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the boat at a
"substantially higher" price- but the bottom line is that if you are
happy with the price you received and the buyer is (at least for now)
obviously excited about the price he paid then you didn't make a bad
deal.

It's getting even weirder. I downloaded the pictures listed on the RI
Craigslist listing and, although poor quality, when I blew them up and
zoomed in, I realized it's not the same boat. The GPS and VHF antennas are
in different locations, the RI listing appears to have trim tabs ... mine
didn't .... the leaning post is of a different design ... and mine had a
Sunbrella cuddy canvas that the RI listing does not have. But ... the
description of the boat, including 23 hours on the engine meter, the
electronics and the trailer match exactly. It *could* be coincidental that
two, different 2003 Scouts have exactly the same engine hours, electronics
and trailer, or he may have used other pictures to represent my boat.

To answer your question regarding Craigslist ... I don't know. I sold it
for well under current market value and "as is" because it hadn't been run
for over 2 years and it needed to be checked out and serviced. The RI
listing is just about what current market value is. What's nice about
Craigslist is that it is regional, so you don't get a lot of remote
"buyers". I've had good luck using it.

Eisboch