Default Sold the Scout - new twist

Hell, I would have given you $12,000 as is when I saw it last year.

But .... but .... it's a Yamy 4 stroke.

Eisboch

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:19:39 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .

Hell, I would have given you $12,000 as is when I saw it last year.

But .... but .... it's a Yamy 4 stroke.

So? While I wouldn't be caught dead in it, I'm sure my youngest would
have loved to run around Charleston Harbor in it. :)

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:15:26 -0400, Eisboch penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

If he's a dealer, which I now suspect, he didn't do anything illegal.

There seems to be way more cloak-and dagger stuff going on here for
something not to be borderline crooked, if not entirely illegal.

Trust me, as a buyer, I got on the wrong end of one of these deals and
you don't want to go there.....

If he sells the boat (with whatever representations he deems
appropriate) and pulls a disappearing act, the two signers of the
paperwork are likely left to duke it out..... You and Whomever....

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

Yep. I would suggest that Richard head down to the brokers place ASAP and
force him to sign the title as the buyer.

An open title is never a good thing.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:15:26 -0400, Eisboch penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

If he's a dealer, which I now suspect, he didn't do anything illegal.

There seems to be way more cloak-and dagger stuff going on here for
something not to be borderline crooked, if not entirely illegal.

Trust me, as a buyer, I got on the wrong end of one of these deals and
you don't want to go there.....

If he sells the boat (with whatever representations he deems
appropriate) and pulls a disappearing act, the two signers of the
paperwork are likely left to duke it out..... You and Whomever....

Good point. I am not overly concerned because fundamentally I know the
boat and engine are fine. But, your point is well taken.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 03:15:26 -0400, Eisboch penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

If he's a dealer, which I now suspect, he didn't do anything illegal.

There seems to be way more cloak-and dagger stuff going on here for
something not to be borderline crooked, if not entirely illegal.

Trust me, as a buyer, I got on the wrong end of one of these deals and
you don't want to go there.....

If he sells the boat (with whatever representations he deems
appropriate) and pulls a disappearing act, the two signers of the
paperwork are likely left to duke it out..... You and Whomever....

Good point. I am not overly concerned because fundamentally I know the
boat and engine are fine. But, your point is well taken.

Eisboch

Let's say the brokers friend asks if he could use the boat for a day or two
and is involved in a fatal accident. Open your wallet because you are
legally the owner of that boat.

You should give your attorney a call on this.

JimH wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Richard,

Whenever non-attorney's give you free advice, realize it is worth
exactly what you have paid for it.

You would not be responsible for any damages or have any more liability
than if someone stole your car and had an accident, even if it was a
fatal accident.

"JimH" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I think one can get carried away with all the "what ifs". Stuff like that
can happen just by having someone fall on your doorstep trying to sell you
something. That's one of the reasons our lawyer set up some kind of
limited liability corporation that technically "owns" our worldly
possessions. Otherwise, if someone stubs his toe climbing into your boat he
can go after your house. It's crazy, but apparently happens.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JimH" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Yep, it happens. Your boat......your decision.

Eisboch wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I just bought 51% of that LLC for $10 from your lawyer. I expect that
diesel truck to be delivered here by the end of next week.

Speaking of diesel trucks, one of my ex-pat retiree buddies, who lives
in Costa Rica, just bought for $18,000, a very nice four-seater Kia
diesel pickup truck. Not a model sold in this country.

Default trucks (was Sold the Scout - new twist)

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Speaking of diesel trucks, one of my ex-pat retiree buddies, who lives in
Costa Rica, just bought for $18,000, a very nice four-seater Kia diesel
pickup truck. Not a model sold in this country.

I've been half thinking of trading in the F-350 on something else, but I
don't know what to get. I originally got it to tow a big, 5th wheel RV that
we used once. I occasionally still tow trailers ... the heaviest being a
loaded car trailer ... but I really don't need an F-350 to do that.

There's just nothing out there that has caught my eye. I'll avoid diesel
Fords until they permanently extinguish the tailpipe fires. (although I
understand that their new, 6.4L diesel is quite the performer.)

Eisboch

Sold the Scout Eisboch General 36 March 30th 07 02:48 AM
Scout messed up! Frank Boettcher ASA 3 October 17th 06 09:17 AM
Last remaining White Star Line vessel to be sold for scrap Katzowtadbag Tall Ships 0 December 30th 05 01:36 AM
used sail material needed for scout projects seascoutleader Boat Building 3 October 6th 04 01:36 AM
FS: O'Day in NY, SOLD Bobsprit Marketplace 0 May 9th 04 12:26 PM