Default Cheap entertainment...

JimH wrote:
"JimH" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 9, 4:00 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
oups.com...
Come on over to my house tonight and watch me glow
in the dark.
Radiation and bone scan today - WHOO HOO!!!
I wonder what color I will be. :)
You feeling OK today? I haven't seen any bizarre posts yet.
No - I feel like crap, thank you very much.

Chemo today and it didn't go well.

I hate chemo.

~~ mutter ~~

However, tomorrow is another day.
Damn.......it sounds serious. I wish you the best of luck in getting
better and beating whatever medical condition you have Tom.

BTW: I spent close to an hour in an MRI tube today. I have had
difficulty walking since the operation due to the loss of muscle control
in my calf and quad in my right leg. I am hoping that it is just
swelling on the nerves that is causing the problem.

Did they fuse the disc?

Had a friend who had a L4/5 disc hernia - took him
about a year to get completely better after a fusion.

No. They cut away the herniation.

Calif Bill wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
oups.com...
Come on over to my house tonight and watch me glow
in the dark.
Radiation and bone scan today - WHOO HOO!!!
I wonder what color I will be. :)
You feeling OK today? I haven't seen any bizarre posts yet.
No - I feel like crap, thank you very much.

Chemo today and it didn't go well.

I hate chemo.

~~ mutter ~~

However, tomorrow is another day.
Damn.......it sounds serious. I wish you the best of luck in getting
better and beating whatever medical condition you have Tom.

BTW: I spent close to an hour in an MRI tube today. I have had
difficulty walking since the operation due to the loss of muscle control
in my calf and quad in my right leg. I am hoping that it is just
swelling on the nerves that is causing the problem.

Winter seems a prime time for health issues.
In my case it's my mother. She caught the bad flu going around and had to
be hospitalized for the 2nd time this year.
The family has agreed that it's time for a real nursing home. Up here
there's a bed shortage so you have to insist they keep her in the hospital
until they find room.
Otherwise it can take up to a year to find a spot.
note: gov't takes any pension income the senior has as payment. As of
three years ago, they don't try to confiscate any savings anymore.

As my mom the RN states. Pneumonia, the old peoples friend. I feel they
should take the savings also. Make sure the person has enough extra each
month for a couple of frills. But why should the government subsidize her
heirs inheritance? Luckily my 92 year old mom is still in good health.
Only retired last July from doing 1 day a week at a rest home as the charge
nurse.

It's a complicated question. Personally, I think the
system is built for profit and not necessarily care.

That's what I object to. In my Mom's case, we are actually
paying more to keep her comfortable and cared for which
is our obligation.

However, savings are one thing - raping the valuables is
entirely another.

m...
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
oups.com...
Come on over to my house tonight and watch me glow
in the dark.
Radiation and bone scan today - WHOO HOO!!!
I wonder what color I will be. :)
You feeling OK today? I haven't seen any bizarre posts yet.
No - I feel like crap, thank you very much.

Chemo today and it didn't go well.

I hate chemo.

~~ mutter ~~

However, tomorrow is another day.

Damn.......it sounds serious. I wish you the best of luck in getting
better and beating whatever medical condition you have Tom.

Always look on the bright side of life.

You have the key to life Tom!

JimH wrote:
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Probably just swelling then. Takes a while.

My son-in-law is a orthopod and from what he tells
me, every back operation is a new experience.
BAR BAR is offline

JimH wrote:
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Have you started PT yet?

The nerves went whacko about 8 weeks after my laminectomy and discectomy
and they continue to give me problems two years later.

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

My surgeon did not want in house PT knowing they need to justify their time
and would have me doing things he did not want me doing.

I do leg lifts from the sitting and lying position, as well as walking as
much as I can.............PT ordered by the surgeon and things I can do on
my own without a therapist at my side.

This MRI will tell the story on what is wrong............hopefully showing
that it is all due to inflammation from the surgery. ;-)

BAR BAR is offline

JimH wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

An EMG and NCV will tell a better story about what the nerves are doing.

JLH JLH is offline

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:59:22 -0500, "JimH" wrote:

My surgeon did not want in house PT knowing they need to justify their time
and would have me doing things he did not want me doing.

I do leg lifts from the sitting and lying position, as well as walking as
much as I can.............PT ordered by the surgeon and things I can do on
my own without a therapist at my side.

This MRI will tell the story on what is wrong............hopefully showing
that it is all due to inflammation from the surgery. ;-)

Here's hoping your surgeon finds nothing physically wrong with your body.
Hopefully, he'll look at you after the MRI and say, "Mr. Hertvick, it's
just bad Karma."

That's fixable!
--
***** Have a super day! *****

John H

"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:

wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Thanks but I will stick to my doctors (my surgeon and my PC) advice. ;-)

BAR BAR is offline

JimH wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
JimH wrote:

wrote:
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
[...]

Jim you are your own best advocate, waiting for the doctors to do
something may result in the loss of nerve function and use of the leg.
If you don't push them to find a cause and then a course of corrective
action you will be the looser and not them. You will be limping home and
they will be driving their big huge luxury cars.

Your surgeon only sees surgical solutions. Your PC passes out pills and
referrals.

Believe it or not the best thing you can do now is weight training and
aerobic exercise. You need to find a competent PT who specializes in the
spine.

Please don't sit around waiting for someone to tell you to do something.