NOYB

Default Chavez Offers Cheap Gas to Poor Americans

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
This piece really tickles my fancy:

Chavez offers cheap gas to poor in U.S.

HAVANA, Cuba (Reuters) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, popular with
the poor at home, offered on Tuesday to help needy Americans with cheap
supplies of gasoline.

"We want to sell gasoline and heating fuel directly to poor communities in
the United States," the populist leader told reporters at the end of a
visit to Communist-run Cuba.

Chavez did not say how Venezuela would go about providing gasoline to poor
communities. Venezuelan state oil company PDVSA owns Citgo, which has
14,000 gas stations in the United States.

The offer may sound attractive to Americans feeling pinched by soaring
prices at the pump but not to the U.S. government, which sees Chavez as a
left-wing troublemaker in Latin America.

Gasoline is cheaper than mineral water in oil-producing Venezuela, where
consumers can fill their tanks for less than $2. Average gas prices have
risen to $2.61 a gallon in the United States, according to the U.S. Energy
Information Administration.

***Chavez said Venezuela could supply gasoline to Americans at half the
price they now pay if intermediaries who "speculated ... and exploited
consumers" were cut out.***

Venezuela supplies Cuba with generously financed oil and plans to help
Caribbean nations foot their oil bills.

Chavez, in Cuba to attend the graduation of Cuban-trained doctors from 28
countries, was seen off at the airport by Cuban President Fidel Castro.
Washington has accused the two leaders of being a destabilizing influence
in South America.

Chavez and Castro offered to give poor Americans free health care and
train doctors free of charge.

- - - -

Cheap gas from Venezuela. cheap prescriptions from Canada, free health
care from Cuba...

Yeah, we're sure doing well under the Bush misAdministraiton.

You never heard of the economic concept of "comparative advantages"?

For some time now (and long before Bush took office), health care has been
cheaper in Cuba, prescriptions have been cheaper in Canada, and gas has been
cheaper in Venezuela. You decepetively imply that this is a "new" thing
that has only occurred in the last 5 years.

Nice try.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Bush should resign.

LOL. Yeah, whatever.

thunder

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:45:25 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

Bush should resign.

Geez, Harry, do you think Cheney would be any better? We're stuck for
three more years.
NOYB

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Bush should resign.

LOL. Yeah, whatever.

Yeah, we'll be in terrific shape when Bush's term ends. We should wait
until then for the Bush cancer to remove itself from our body politic.

Harry,

There's a lot of interesting stuff that's about to be released in the next
several weeks that will turn the entire 9/11 Commission Report completely on
its ear.

This "Able Danger" story is growing legs, and even the news media is
starting to ask questions again as to why so many important items were left
out the 9/11 report.

When you tie in the "Able Danger" story with the Sandy Berger sentencing,
and the just-released-to-Congress report from Goss on CIA intel failures,
the airwaves will be flooded with news about an enormous coverup headed by
the likes of Berger, ben Veniste, and Jamie Gorelick.

Nobody will care about Chavez, or Plamegate, or Bush's poll numbers, or...

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I can hardly imagine the disasters the next POTUS will face in cleaning up
after Bush.

Don't worry. I'm sure his brother is up to the task.

thunder

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:15:53 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

We're stuck, indeed. Too bad we don't have the "prime minister" form of
government in which failed leaders can be replace before their terms
expire.

Or a democracy such as Venezuela where the President could be recalled. ;-)
Butch Davis

Harry,

Thanks for the info. Wish I'd known about CITGO before so I could have
avoided spending any $$ there. But now I know and I will never buy there
again. Not that I can remember the last time I bought anything there.

Butch
[...]

Juan Valdez

Harry,
Did you predict that there was no way Bush would get reelected?

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
I can hardly imagine the disasters the next POTUS will face in cleaning
up after Bush.

Don't worry. I'm sure his brother is up to the task.

This country is sick of the Bush family. Jebbie ain't going anywhere.

Doug Kanter

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:45:25 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

Bush should resign.

Geez, Harry, do you think Cheney would be any better? We're stuck for
three more years.

At least Cheney could remember (and pronounce) the name of the country for
the head of state standing next to him for a photo op. That's worth
something. If would be nice if this country were represented in the media by
someone other than a complete fool.