Default gas tank

What size gas tank would be typical of a 1996 19' bass boat (javelin)
200hp evinrude?

I'm guessing 25-30 gal.

--Mike

"supra" wrote in message
ups.com...
What size gas tank would be typical of a 1996 19' bass boat (javelin)
200hp evinrude?

I'd wanna see 30

-W

ups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 26 Oct 2006 19:25:57 -0700, "supra" wrote:

What size gas tank would be typical of a 1996 19' bass boat (javelin)
200hp evinrude?

50 gallons - it's identical to a Stratos same size.
--

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Thanks for the reply. I pumped 45 gals to fill 3/4 tank (my tank read
1/4 gal before fill). We used the motor for two 15 minute runs and five
10 minute idle periods and the gauge indicated I used 3/8 of a tank of
gas. This seems to be an extremely high rate of gas consumption. Any
thoughts?

ACP ACP is offline

"supra" wrote in message
ups.com...

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 26 Oct 2006 19:25:57 -0700, "supra" wrote:

What size gas tank would be typical of a 1996 19' bass boat (javelin)
200hp evinrude?

50 gallons - it's identical to a Stratos same size.
--

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

Thanks for the reply. I pumped 45 gals to fill 3/4 tank (my tank read
1/4 gal before fill). We used the motor for two 15 minute runs and five
10 minute idle periods and the gauge indicated I used 3/8 of a tank of
gas. This seems to be an extremely high rate of gas consumption. Any
thoughts?

Gauge accuracy?

Probably a 50 gallon tank.

Were your 15 minute "runs" at WOT?. If they were, probably burning in the
range of 20~25 GPH. 0.375 X 50 = 18.75 gallons used according to gauge
"estimate". Add your two 15 minutes runs to 50 minute idle time and seems
like you're within the accuracy of gauge.

Can't trust a gas gauge on a boat.

Fill it up. Run the engine under the conditions you want to test.
Fill it up again and see how much you had to put in it.

On 27 Oct 2006 05:34:46 -0700, "supra" wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 26 Oct 2006 19:25:57 -0700, "supra" wrote:

What size gas tank would be typical of a 1996 19' bass boat (javelin)
200hp evinrude?

50 gallons - it's identical to a Stratos same size.

Thanks for the reply. I pumped 45 gals to fill 3/4 tank (my tank read
1/4 gal before fill). We used the motor for two 15 minute runs and five
10 minute idle periods and the gauge indicated I used 3/8 of a tank of
gas. This seems to be an extremely high rate of gas consumption. Any
thoughts?

Thoughts? Gots a million of them. :)

First, I assume this is a carbed Evinrude?

Ok, so you had 37.5 gallons aboard and used roughly 14 gallons of gas
for 80 minutes or 1 hour, twenty minutes.

~~ mumble - mumble -

About 10 gph which seems on the high side of the range, but in the
ball park.
--

"What the hell's the deal with this newsgroup...
is there a computer terminal in the day room of
some looney bin somewhere?"

Bilgeman - circa 2004

"jamesgangnc" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can't trust a gas gauge on a boat.

Fill it up. Run the engine under the conditions you want to test.
Fill it up again and see how much you had to put in it.

Using my hour meter (hours run between fill-ups) and the gallons need to
fill up I average 2.5 gallons/hour with my 20 footer powered by a 190 hp
outdrive.

10 gallons/hour for a 200 HP bass boat seems very high!

ACP wrote:
"supra" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Thanks again. To clarify my tank read full after fill. We ran at close
to max for both 15 minute periods. What is WOT?

Ed Ed is offline

The only accurate method (if you don't have a floscan) is to FILL the
tank.... run your tests and then refill your tank and note the fuel
used. Guages are never accurate enough to make fuel flow tests.

Gasohol Problem? sherwindu Cruising 17 September 18th 06 08:28 AM
how do you pump out the holding tank? krj Cruising 2 July 5th 06 05:29 PM
how do you pump out the holding tank? Al Thomason Cruising 0 July 4th 06 05:19 PM
is the waste tank always full? Peggie Hall Cruising 2 August 17th 05 07:25 PM
Best holding tank chemicals. Chuck Baier Cruising 14 April 22nd 04 09:49 PM