Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
krj krj is offline

Default how do you pump out the holding tank?

ray lunder wrote:
Ahoy, I'm trying to figure out how to install this plastic holding
tank. So let's be optimistic and say the tank is half full and you
want to pump it all out and you're 3 miles out, etc. You open both sea
cocks, divert the Y valve to the holding tank and start pumping. But
doesn't this just fill the holding tank with sal****er as it flushes
out the waste? I want the tank to be clean and empty, right? Sorry if
this is dumb, I've never had a tank before. It's 6 gallons with two 1
1/2" stubs, one of which goes down to the bottom of the tank, and one
3/4" vent. Where does the vent get installed? All the stubs are on top
of the tank. Thank you.

The toilet is plumbed to the top fitting on the tank. The "stub" that
goes to the bottom of the tank goes to the input of the "Y" valve. One
outlet of the "Y" valve goes to the deck pumpout fitting, the other
outlet goes to a macerator pump then from the pump to the thru hull.
You need to install a vent thru hull somewhere in the upper area of the
hull. The macerator pump is used to pump out the tank when more than
three miles off shore. In the US, when inside three miles be sure the
"Y" valve is in the deck pump out position and locked else you risk a
citation if boarded by the coasties.
krj

how do you pump out the holding tank? Dennis Pogson Cruising 9 July 13th 06 12:16 AM
Holding tank vent blocked Mollie Cruising 6 July 1st 04 12:32 PM
Belt and suspenders on holding tank Dick Locke Cruising 24 April 24th 04 04:44 AM
holding tank hand pump TB Cruising 16 March 1st 04 09:45 PM
pump out or no pumpout head David Ditch General 30 November 5th 03 01:46 AM